Relying on the Holy Spirit, we can choose words of life

Reflection from Nina Laird-Fusilli

EPHESIANS 4:23-24 And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind,
And put on the new nature created in God’s image, in true righteousness and holiness.
Being renewed in your mind means to continually cast down every thought that exalts itself against the true knowledge of God’s word (II Cor. 10:5) and be constantly (always) aware of the words that you speak. Let your life lovingly express truth in all things, through words and deeds. (Eph. 4:15)
Our minds are carnal and are subject to human thoughts, reasoning’s, motives (Romans 8:6). Without the Holy Spirit (helper) to help us everyday, we are helpless against the attacks of the enemy. (Romans 8:26-27)

When we enlist the help of the Holy Spirit, we exchange our weaknesses for God’s strength, our words for God’s Word, our wickedness for God’s Love. If we yield to His gentle voice, to His ever-so-soft tugging, we will become a living example of God. The secret lies in continual submission to Him.
With God’s Spirit inside of us, He will make us aware of a potentially sinful situation before it happens. You may have an angry thought and want to speak angry words. The Bible tells us “when angry, do not sin.”(Eph. 4: 26) It does not say not to feel anger. When we choose to speak in haste, we only say things that are hurtful and malicious. The Bible says, “I will take heed and guard my ways, that I may sin not with my tongue; I will muzzle my mouth as with a bridle while the wicked are before me.” (Psalms 39:1)

Anger is a human emotion. Jesus felt anger, but He did not allow His anger to cause Him to sin. He relied on the Holy Spirit to help Him choose words that reflected God’s love.
Relying on the Holy Spirit, we too can choose words of life, not death.

Hello, dear @Brady
Wonderful reflection by Nina, she’s very wise. And talking about it, God blessing and the holy spirit are the two things we should have with us every day all the time, because with it it’s the best way to face the sin and win against it. The devil, the sin and the words of death are constant in this world, we see it every day in social media, in the news, even on our neighbors and friends… Only by subjecting to the Lord we’ll l be able to overcome it, and as Nina says “choose words of life”, in others words of love and of God.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Hello @Brady Yes indeed! If we allow the word of God to be applied to us now, it will be like a surgeon’s knife. It will sometimes be painful to experience what God’s word wants to say to us. If we respond to it with faith and willingness to be changed, God’s word will do it’s surgical work. It will remove sin, deception, falsehood and lies. But it will also bring healing, as the work of a surgeon does. It will heal our hearts and comfort our spirits. It will show us abundant life and guide us on the good path.