Remembering Martyrs: On this day in 1536, William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English

Remembering Martyrs: On this day in 1536, William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. His last words were “Lord, open the king of England’s eyes.” For Tyndale, a Bible “for the people” meant all could drink from God’s Word without pressure or pretext and without a priest to read or interpret. Two years after Tyndale’s death, King Henry VIII authorized distribution of the Matthew Bible, much of it Tyndale’s work. Today we celebrate Tyndale’s life and the impact he made on Bible translation and access to Scripture.

Tholsee Reddy

1 Like
Geeta Chooramun

The word of God will accomplished what it is set out to do it will not ever return void.

Earl Wright

Kubilay Nijkamp

Gio Gino

His death was scriptured from Heaven. Nothing is a mistake on earth coz it’s all Gods will and permission 1st Corinthian 5:18.Well its very sad when God makes you a scape goat and you dont have power to say no and all is for His Glory.I bless his soul and may it rest in perfect peace.

Felister Lashkal

Thank you Lord for Mr Tyndale. A man of God that wanted all people to be able to read the Bible and understand it’s passages . Even in his day there were tyrants that wanted the Bible to remain unread. I’m thankful for men of God that we’re willing to put their life on the line that we may know the truth and be set free. Freedom for us to know the Word came at great price for both Christ and his servants that followed him. May we all serve The Lord with great passion and honor Christ and those that opened a door for the rest of us . God may we honor you in a way that you deserve and be thankful for the price that was paid for us to know you and be free.

Patti Thompson

1 Like

God will reward him. I thank God for his strong faith in God.

Laura Jasmagy

1 Like