Romans 5:3-4 We also glory in our sufferings

Romans 5:3-4 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Yes! Our sufferings play a major role in our life and in our character. It makes us stronger, most especially with God’s never-ending help!

I love being around with optimistic people… I love it when people can see the silver lining in the midst of situations despite circumstances and obstacles they encounter. But the more I know a lot of people, the more I realize that this characteristic is a precious commodity. Here’s a bible verse that I can share too:

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, [3] for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness [same Greek word, “endurance”]. [4] And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:2-4)

I love this verse! I read it every time I am overwhelmed with my problems to remind me of the purpose of difficulties in life. Our problems are vital in our personal growth. It produces not only perseverance, character and hope but also wisdom. But sometimes, we forget about it. Good thing we have the bible to take us back to God’s light and promises.