Should Christian listen to secular music?

Secular music also is beautiful, but sometimes not good.

Everything is permissible’–but not everything is beneficial. ‘Everything is permissible’–but not everything is constructive.

2 Likes

Music feeds us, and like food, what we eat will determine what grows within us.

TheOverflow has unlimited Christian music, and every single song on our service has the potential to point you towards Christ. It doesn’t matter what kind of music you like – we have something that will not hinder your love for Jesus, but help you grow. No, listening to secular music is not always a sin, but if setting your mind and heart on knowing Jesus is your primary life goal, then Scripture instructs you to remove every influence that would distract us from that goal.

As Paul says in 1 Corinthians 10:23:

Everything is permissible, but not everything is helpful. Everything is permissible, but not everything builds up.

Yes, but we need to be careful to choose the healthy ones to listen and also we need to be careful for how much time we spend on it. When we enjoy the beautiful music, we should not addicte to it, because if so, it is like to worship idol.

It is recommended to listen to CCM rather than world music. The music of the world can instill worldly thoughts within us without knowing.

You can do everything. You have the true freedom. But not everything is beneficial to you as @Samuel said.
God gives us freedom not to sin, but to be free from sin.

We are free but there are so many people who want to be a judger to judge us.

Yes. Christians may listen secular songs. But we should know the meaning you listen secular songs. Our hearts should never turn to other idols.

I think we should better not listen secular songs. The word of God is what we should seek all the time.

We should not, but we may. Also, we must discern them.

I think it depends how we define the secular music. There is a lot of beautiful music and even if the musician is not christian, but the music is very health and helpful, for example there are many intersting children songs, and they do help children a lot for their learnig and growth.

Therefore, i think we should distinguish the music and to decide whether we can listen to. If the music is very bad and dirty, of course we should avoid it.

God answer.
I think it is better not. Secular music will be used by Satan. it will give you wrong value and wrong emotion.