Should Christian Use Curse Words?

Should Christian Use Curse Words?

1 Like

I feel it only can be used to Satan, haha…

1 Like

I think Christians should use the authority from God to bless more people.

No, James gives us three illustrations from nature to demonstrate the sinfulness of cursing: “With our tongue we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way. Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water produce fresh,” (James 3:9-12).

No, because what you said may be wrong, and the spirit behind cursing is worse. When we swear there is a spirit of anger behind it. Ask yourself the following questions Psych Central urged: “Is it true that whenever you express your feelings that this leads to a fight? How do you know with certainty that it will lead to a fight? What alternative outcomes might be possible? Has there ever been an instance where you did express your feelings and nothing bad happened?” When you put this in another light, it seems to be a sin, right? No one ever uttered a curse word without there being some kind of bitterness or anger underlying it.

Of cause no.

Jesus encouraged us in Luke 6:27-28 to "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” You never know who is watching you and you never know if that person is a Christian. As believers, we are on a world stage, so it makes sense that we need to be heedful of flipping a person off in traffic or in public.

We don’t know for certain what words we will be judged when we meet God in Heaven. In Matthew 12:35-36, we are told that good people do the good things that are in them and using profanity isn’t considered to be a good characteristic. If we need to give an account of the words that we’ve spoken, our little vulgar outbursts may be condemned, we should repent and do our best.

Yes, you can’t curse but only bless. Romans 12:14: “bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse.”
For those who persecute us, God’s teachings tell us not to curse, let alone to other people.
The children of God speak words of blessing, and our words have authority. When we say blessings, the situation will change.

Its a BIG NO for me.
Cursing someone its like you are praying bad things to happen in a specific person.
I know that if we are using cursing words or action something bad happen to us.
So if we can’t fight physically we will do throwing of some curse words that can strike that person.
As a christian we must pray to heal our hearts not to curse someone.
Lord Heal our Hearts Amen!