Singleness or Marriage. Which is which?

Right now i am happy and contented being single for 5 years.
I don’t like to get married, even if i want to get married,i don’t want to have kids.
I want to fully serve God. But is this really my calling?

I suggest you read 1 Corinthians 7. Apostle Paul speaks of marriage in this chapter very clearly. Every Christian single should read this chapter and base their decision on this.

Yes this is a help for me.
But right now i can clearly say that my heart wants to be single.
I want to be committed with God not with anyone. I don’t long for someone nor i don’t envy those who have someone. I’m happy with what i have right now.

I don’t like the purpose of having kids just to have somebody take care of you when you get old. I want to celebrate God and myself. My views changed when i started serving God.

I want to dedicate myself to God fully. That’s my view right now

1 Like

Singleness is a time that can be greatly cherished. It can very well be a productive time in personal growth and for Christians it is surely a time to be spent with God and involve in church activities.

3 Likes

Yes, 1 Corinthians 7:7-9 speaks to those who are called to being single:

1 Corinthians 7:7-9
7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Some people are better single. I know I am. But Paul says that only those who are called to be as he is should do so, for “it is better to marry than to burn with passion”. If you read a little further he says it is no sin at all to marry. Nor to say single. It’s only a sin to “burn with passion” or what we call “lust”.

2 Likes

@Sarah-mariam yes thanks for your thoughts. I am still discerning whether to stay single or not but my goal to be single is much more higher compared to being married. It is not my priority right now and i am not looking for someone.

2 Likes

I think either the two because its Gods Grace or Gods Plan. Just Pray for it God is listening.
When i say God has plan, God has plan! because he will do anything to make us happy someday. We will realize it in the future. But now i can say that we are still in a process just trust the Lord he knows what he is doing . He’s The best! . Singleness or Marriage? Just keep in mind that our Lord Will Help us in either way.

1 Like

Hello, dear @cocoyoongie
You remind me of an aunt, she made that same decision some time ago. She was like a second mother to me, so it was a little sad for me to know she wouldn’t be a mother herself as I’m sure she should have been an amazing one. But that’s not bad, God has a call for every person in his own particular way. Being in a relationship with other person is not mandatory, what is first is having a relationship with God. And if you want to dedicate all of yourself to it, I can’t give you more enough congratulations. I’m sure you see the world in a different way. I hope it goes very nice for you.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

thank you Luis, as i read the bible, it slowly speaks to me about this. Thank you for the response

Being single or being married is not really important when our desire is to serve the Lord. God looks directly at our hearts, when we are happy serving the Lord then rest assured that our Father in heaven is even happier to see us. Just pray and listen to God, ask God for discernment because having a family is a lifetime commitment. Maybe God will tell you that for now @cocoyoongie you might feel that you don’t want to have a partner and to have kids, but when you get to be a bit older you will realize that having children might not be that bad. For us Christians our greatest advantage when we face a difficult decision in life, we have Jesus to guide us and to help us, we just need to let go and to let Him. God bless you.