So I know the Bible says not to divorce unless caught in the act of adultery but how does God feel about divorce due to physical violence?

So I know the Bible says not to divorce unless caught in the act of adultery but how does God feel about divorce due to physical violence?

Novena Yvette Clendenen

Idk honestly but I cant imagine that a loveing god will hold it against you if your husband is abusive too you. Your safety is important …pls get out get help dont stay in the relationship. He needs help …maybe after he proves he gets help you can think about giving him another chance if you want to. It’s your call. Praying for you

RobertRhonda Smith

That is another exception… the Lord doesn’t want you to endure pain so I don’t think He would hold that against you and he would want you to get out of that kind of relationship if it didn’t change…

Alicia Pierce

I left my husband 3 years ago due to mental and physical abuse. We were together 11 years. We both loved God and I thought we were spiritually connected but he used the word of God to hurt me. After he divorced me I moved on. The only one in my life now is Christ. He gives me everything I need.

Michelle T Almand

God commands Husband’s to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Not doing so is not honoring your wife

Jasmine Lawson

God takes marriage very very seriously,if you were Christian walking into a real Christian marriage then this is what I’d say!but if yous weren’t Christian meaning you really didn’t know what a Christian marriage was then how can it be a Christian marriage?but if your truly Christian and you knew that God said from the start, be ye equally yoked with other believers and you went and found someone instead that wasn’t and you went out with your lust instead of your Love you were sappose to have for God your Father who wants nothing but the best for you!!its sorta like our Parents down here who only want the best for us but then we do it our own way and most the time the out come isn’t always to good to the Holy Bible that is called reap what you sow for yourself!!!the only thing I can do for you is give you what’s written in the Holy Bible and not my opinion on the matter,why? because you asked,I hope this helps you out…1 Corinthians 7:10-11King James Version10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Street Preacher

Willingness to submit to the lord always the answer. For physical abuse they to separate and do the spiritual council first.

Caridad B. Monroe

It also defines adultery as lusting in your heart, you can remove yourself from a violent situation without divorce with the faith that the spouse will get saved

George Mccool