Story of how a South Korean Pastor saved a North Korean woman enslaved to sex trafficking in China

“I felt like dying 1,000 times, but I couldn’t even kill myself as the boss was always watching us,” she said. “During those outings, he would always stay right next to us, so we never got to talk to anyone.”

In October last year, Chun dispatched a team to Yanji to extract Lee and another girl named Kwang. The two women were lowered from the fourth-floor apartment window using bedsheets tied together. Within minutes, they found themselves traveling to South Korea in a car.

After traveling for five days to south China, the women were smuggled into a neighboring country, eventually seeking asylum at the South Korean Embassy.

Today, Lee hopes to become a teacher, while Kwang, who left school at 12, wants to graduate.

“I never really had the luxury of wondering what to do with my life,” she said.

When I watch a lot of video testimonies of North Korean defectors in South Korea it is so inspiring! It is very hard to imagine a lifestyle they lived in North Korea with the words they describe. Many people’s life are without any hope.

This case is worse as this North Korean woman is in China being sold to sex traders. She is so lucky to be have saved by the South Korean pastor. Thanks to him.

I’m moved as she says she did not have the luxury of dreaming what kind of life she wanted to live. It is true that what is luxury for many people is a basic need for so many.

1 Like