Terrence Floyd pleads for riots to stop: ‘My family is a peaceful family, my family is God-fearing’

My family is a peaceful family. My family is God-fearing.

Hours after Terrence Floyd urged protesters in Minneapolis to channel their anger over police brutality and the killing of his older brother, George Floyd, into activism in the form of peaceful demonstrations and voting, violence escalated in cities throughout the country.

Floyd implored those gathered at the memorial site where his older brother was killed a week earlier to stop vandalizing and tearing down the community.

“I know he would not want y’all to be doing this,” Floyd said, recounting that his brother had moved to the Twin Cities from Houston and loved the city.

“I Understand y’all upset, but I doubt y’all half as upset as I am,” Floyd said. “So if I’m not over here wilding out, if I’m not over here blowing up stuff, if I’m not over here messing up my community, then what are y’all doing? What are y’all doing? Y’all doing nothing! Because that’s not going to bring my brother back, at all. It may feel good for the moment, just like when you drink. But when it comes down, you’re going to wonder what you did. My family is a peaceful family. My family is God-fearing.”

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this.
I really salute the Floyd family because they have become an inspiration to people. They remained strong despite George Floyd’s unjust death.
May we all take our time and pray for George and his family. May they be strengthened even more during this difficult situation. May they inspire more people to open up their minds and hearts. God created us in His own way and we should respect every single thing He has given us.

Wow, I can relate to Terrence. He is frustrated by his brother’s death for sure but violence doesn’t solve anything and it will not bring his brother back. In Psalm 37:8 it says, “Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.” I hope his words will touch the hearts of the people. I pray that they may hear God’s voice and stop what they are doing. May we all be at peace.

I agree with late George brother’s message…They really can’t have him back as well as the rioters cannot attain the justice they are looking by simply just destroying any properties they can see…So they must stop the hate, because justice will be serve soon in Floyd’s family…may the people who protest will hear the plead of Floyd’s family, and my prayers of comfort are with you…

Protests often are used as an excuse for some to take advantage. These people are looting stores and burning buildings. But Terrence Floyd is right, this will not bring his brother back and everything becomes a mess. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or religion. I think George Floyd will also agree with that. He would not want to happen these things. He would not want to make people cause trouble and fear. To Floyd’s family, and to everyone, please never stop being a good person because of bad people or bad things they have done to us. Let us pray and love each other rather than hate and violence.

Salute to you mr terrence floyd for voicing to the people misleading they using George floyd death for looting and many bad ways to protest against the police. Hope your words change their perspective and thinking about the true meaning of your protest.

Thank you for his family all they want is peace aside from what situation they’re in now still they’d like to be peaceful. At peace we found love just forgive and all will be well. It’s just so sad what happened to them.

Violence will only create new problems. I understand that people want to be heard but looting and destroying properties? For what? What good does this do? Are they really protesting because of his death or does it now involve something more than that?

I actually late when i heard this Floyd thing news. That’s the effect of not having any social media around but this is my setup that i want. But anyways going back to the topic Yeah that’s true that any violence thing or revenge will not bring any life back. We need a peaceful and forgiving Heart.
I like also terrence said that his family is a God-Fearing. He is proclaiming God.

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
This is one of the good things to see… You see with all the things that have happened, everybody wants to talk in name of Floyd, but his brother probably knows best than others. It shows he loved him, and that he loves his city, he’s showcasing the problem, the rioters don’t care about Floyd or racism they just want to destroy. Even if it was a good cause, you can’t give the stage to these kind of sin fueled people, it will only take you to regret and more sin. And that’s even without talking about the virus…
We must keep the faith and trust in God.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.