Thank God for His goodness

Reflection from Nina Laird-Fusilli

I watched a powerful testimony of a woman who was healed of a terrible disease. She went to her church and had everyone pray for her. But she said the breakthrough came when she felt God say to her, “You will be healed when you give thanks to me.”

At first the woman thought, “How do I give thanks for this suffering?”
Then she remembered the scripture 1 Thessalonians 5:18- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

She began thanking God with her whole heart for helping her get through another day. She thanked Him for the oxygen to breathe and the strength in her body to walk a step. Suddenly she felt she was healed. She immediately told her husband and children. They shouted and danced around the house.

This woman received her healing because she took a step of faith, being thankful in all things. No we do not thank God for the disease, condition, or situation. God did not create these things. We thank Him for the good, the positive, every little detail that causes us to get through another moment.

When I am going through a challenge, I make a conscious effort to sit and thank the Lord for everything I do have. We have so much to be grateful for. The roof over our heads, the clothes to cover us, a warm bed to sleep in at night. We are truly blessed!

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

This is a very nice reflection Nina…and thank you for sharing it here @faithpixel… A truly grateful and thankful person is someone who appreciates both how undeserving he/she is before God and realizing how generous God is to them…we may face different circumstances as of today and our questions might be left unanswered by God, but if we learn to give thanks in the middle of these circumstances we will come to know God in ways we could hardly never imagine…

Lord we were truly grateful to have you. Thank you fo everything, thank you for the challenges and the blessings. In jesus name. Amen.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! Psalm 100:4

Thank you for inspiring reflection Nina. Personally we have many reasons to thank God. I thank God because He putted me in the challenge where I can learn and see myself growing. I’m so much grateful because even there are troubles around still God protections overpower. They says that late prayers leads to late blessings for me it is a ‘NO’ because I believe in God’s timing it may not be perfect as you think but I’m sure it has a great purpose for your life. In life we will go to separated ways yet you will be directed to the paths that you deserve. :wink:

Hello my friend From the beginning of time, it has been said that God is good. He is good to us in so many ways. God loves us unconditionally and is always listening to our thoughts and prayers. He keeps us from harm. God’s goodness to us is visible on a daily basis, in both the big and little things in our lives.