The Biblical story of Adam and Eve in my opinion is all metaphorical

The Biblical story of Adam and Eve in my opinion is all metaphorical, Eden is all natural Earth, apple of knowledge of good and evil is evolution of a consciousness of right and wrong. Thereby evolving a soul. Whether by natural improvements though generations or possibly other facilitators, same results. The knowledge of good and bad, and making choices based on that, miraculously gives one a soul…pretty cool

Benjamin Roundcount

1 Like

I don’t spend much time worrying about the first three chapters of Genesis anymore. There are so many possible interpretations. If you understand that God created the world and that humans have rebelled against Him… I’ll take it. The rest is not worth arguing about.

Laura Kay Mohr

So if they didn’t exist where did we come from? The genealogy of mankind from Adam on is pretty clearly documented

Curtis Creel

Why don’t they talk about Cain and abels other 20 siblings??

Gina Seideman

Alan Webb Do you have any ideas conclusions regarding evolution? So don’t use that as absolute truth. where evolution professors have changed their minds about fore gone

Kathy Logue

Chances are it was not an Apple. God put thorns on the tree and the fruit. Apple trees have no thorns and neither does the Apple.

Barbara Line-Ward

No it is not a metaphor, it is pre flood history. Without Adam and Eve there would be no original sin and there would have been death before God said you will die if you disobey him.

W Charles Brown

Benjamin Roundcount If Adam was not a son of God and Eve not from Adam then how did we get here? Can you have a human without a seed from a man? If we started as a baby, how would a baby survive without the milk of a mother or how did it gather food? How did it warm itself or fight off predators? Idk about you but my kids could not have survived without basic things such as food, water, heat etc…. Get your mind out of the gutter and back into the Bible where it clearly explains these things. Without Adam there would be no Eve and without Eve there would be no babies. This is also true for any animal as well. Can’t have woman without the man and we couldn’t of possibly come to existence without God.

Don Strazdas

The story of Adam and Eve is not metaphorical. Anyone who thinks such needs help. The sin Adam and Eve committed against God permeates the whole human race. Jesus did not die on the cross to save a metaphor!

Troy Wheeler

If you don’t believe Genesis 1: 1 < then you don’t believe in JESUS CHRIST ! In the Beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOD . < And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld HIS GLORY, the Glory of the ONLY BEGOTTEN of the FATHER, full of Grace and TRUTH ! AMEN

Ronnie Fisher

If the Biblical story of Adam and Eve is Metaphorical then so is the story of Cain & Abel, Noah & the flood, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Boaz, Obed, Jesse, David, Solomon, leading to Christ since it’s following a genealogy from Adam to Christ. Beginning from Genesis 1:1, it’s all history. If you reject it, be honest and admit that you’re in unbelief BUT don’t try to pick & choose. The Holy Scriptures makes no allowance for that.

Liston Andy