The first four letters in the word restoration is R-E-S-T

Reflection from Nina Laird-Fusilli

The first four letters in the word restoration is R-E-S-T. Yes Lord,
with Your blessing comes resting. Resting in Your Love, Your peace, Your Word. Resting does not mean worrying, fretting, being anxious about issues we have no control over. God’s Word states:
HEBREWS 13:21
He strengthens and makes you what you ought to be and equip you with everything good that you may carry out His will.

Therefore, we must consciously make a decision to cast all our cares upon Him.
I PETER 5:7
Casting the whole of your care on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchful.

At these times of reflection, we must be careful not to entertain thoughts not of God.
I CORINTHIANS 14:20
Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; continue to be babes in evil, but in your minds be mature.

We must seize the opportunity and use the time to bring us closer to God and seek to gain insight into His wisdom and knowledge.
In the secret, quiet place, the distracting elements of our lives are stilled by the serenity of being one with God. In that time, we can think clearly, pray clearly, and listen clearly to His message spoken exclusively for us. He speaks softly the ministering words of love to His precious children. He knows exactly what we need to hear in order to help us to grow in Him. He knows our hearts. He can read our thoughts. He can see all our tomorrows before they occur. He knows our beginning from our end.
Once we get a revelation of His glory, the awesome power God has, we are never the same again. A small glimpse into His goodness will cast radiant light on any dismal situation, no matter how dark it appears. All we need do is get alone with God.
Spending time with the Lord can create one solitary place, in the midst of our beings, where no one else can go;
Just us and God.

Rest also means to be still, and this is exactly the admonition in Psalm 46:10: He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

There are instances where we can’t do anything really. All we’re left to do is trust in God. This time of the pandemic is the best time to do it, so yes, let us seize the opportunity.

The first four letters is REST and they could mean Really Ease your Soul and Trust in God!

1 Like

Wow, this is the third reflection I have read regarding rest for the past few days. Maybe because I was very stressed lately and this is God’s way of telling me to rest. That I should not worry because He is there and everything will fall in its place. Thank you for this, @FaithinGod!

As of today, we live in a world where trust must be earned and seems to be in short supply. Most of us have faced disappointments, which have taught us that we can only depend upon ourselves…Lately I realized that surrendering to God all my worries and building a commitment to depend unto him everything that bothers me; helps me a lot…we need to cry out to Him to show that dependence…

Thank you for this reflection @FaithinGod! It’s just in time. REST can also mean Report Every Struggles To Christ. In this chaotic life, we really need to have time to pause and allow God to speak to our hearts for clarity and guidance. We cannot face everything alone. Only through Him, can we have peace under pressure.