The Journey of Life_ From Youth to Old Age_2024-04-14

I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you and just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. “What does he look like?” he asked. “An old man wearing a robe is coming up,” she said. Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground. Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.” You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; but now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young for when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. When people are afraid of heights and of dangers in the streets; when the almond tree blossoms and the grasshopper drags itself along and desire no longer is stirred. Then people go to their eternal home and mourners go about the streets for we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love. It is as none other than Paul—an old man and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus—“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.

Ephesians 4:22
1 Corinthians 15:49
Romans 6:6
Luke 1:18
Romans 6:22
1 Peter 2:24
Ecclesiastes 12:5
Philemon 1:9
1 Samuel 28:14
Hebrews 9:28
Lamentations 3:27
Romans 7:5