Then I wonder what Jesus meant by "beware of the yeast of the Pharisees ". what do you say?

I was wondering and looking for people’s take on it,
How did the Pharisees who studied the scriptures still get it so wrong and not understand God’s will and purpose? even when Jesus explained the scriptures meaning they didn’t see it…
Then I wonder what Jesus meant by
"beware of the yeast of the Pharisees ".
what do you say?

Maxwell Allen

It’s the pride that didn’t let them humble, remember the prayer with Pharisee and tax collector? Pharisee thanked how good he is and what he does, etc… and Tax collector wasn’t able to raise his eyes, and yeast is growing, same with corruption, it would grow.

Mike Adamyuk

Their pride and deceitful hearts deceived them. Many will not accept the truth no matter how you try. God looks for truth in the inward parts.

David Maggs

Saul of Tarsus (Paul) was a Pharisee, too, a zealous persecuter of believers - until Jesus revealed Himself to Paul…He was blinded by the Light of Jesus, and gained a new set of “eyes” afterwards.It’s not because they didn’t believe or they were pr… See more

Benjamin P. Casono

Their hearts were hardened against the Truth. I believe it is something we see today. Religions that quote scripture, so they know the bible. But they don’t know the Truth.

April DeAndre

According to Matthew, Jesus speaks in parables because the people do not see, hear and understand. The reason for their inability to comprehend, is their rejection of Jesus. And A little leaven leavens the whole lump is a metaphor the apostle Paul uses… See more

Jeramie Bruce