There a certain order that is best for pretty much a first timer

Hi everyone…I’m interested in thoroughly studying the Bible. Is it best to read from beginning to end as it’s written. Or is there a certain order that is best for pretty much a first timer. Thanks in advance

Jacqueline A Bechen

I started with the book of the gospel of John. I read thru revelation. Then I went to the beginning. Genesis. And read thru the entire Bible.

April DeAndre

As a new Christian, start with the Gospels that tell us about Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. John has great insights on the Holy Spirit. The book of Acts is also great. The book James helps us learn about righteousness.

Bobbi Erben

Roman’s through Philemon is written for believers today. A study of Romans would be a great start. I would encourage you to get into a weekly Bible Study. The accountability is helpful at keeping you in His Word.

Sarah Carson

Ask GOD& trust where HE leads you. Start eating. AMEN

Anthony Gaines

Download the Strong’s exhaustive concordance and dictionary. You can than study individual doctrine or teaching eg you can find every verse with Gospel, salvation, grace baptism, etc you can read every verse on what you are studying as well as see how God worked in different way’s trough time

AJ Brown

Start with the New Testament. Read through the Gospels first. Then go back to Genesis and read forward. It will make more sense. You can then see what the Old Testament was pointing to-Jesus!

Jason Hundt

I like to start at the beginning of the Old and New Testament. Reading a chapter in each. And if you want to read it through in a year, read a chapter starting in Psalms as well. Always, read each book of the Bible front to back, cover to cover in the way it was written. Pray for understanding and know it is the Living Word of God and It will speak to you personally as well.

Ginger Wilson Hancock