There is a time to pray, and there is a time to act

Reflection from Emmanuel Obehi

Passage: Gen 7, VIN 84

Today: Rise/walk above the waters!

17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. (Gen 7, NIV 84) -emphasis added

The waters lifted the ark high, above the mountains

Before that, they had to look up, to see these mountains; now, they can look down, and see them from above

When God lifts up, He lifts above everything else; when man lifts up, it is only so much! It is better to trust in God than man!

From an air plane, we can look down on the mountains, which we otherwise looked up, from the earth. Those who wait upon the Lord, those who can spend time in prayer and the word, He will lift them up like an eagle. They look at things differently; those who wait for the Lord shall never be ashamed!

Noah and his family were ridiculed and mocked, while he was preaching; but once God got into action, things turned around. It took some time!

If you will fearlessly stand for the Lord, you will be honored, like Daniel!

Waiting for the Lord and His time is not easy, but the end will be good!

Are you tired of waiting and praying for something?

If you will endure and persevere, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel!

When Israelites were called out of Egypt, they had to go through many unexpected situations; but finally, God brought them to where He had promised. When things get delayed, something is accomplished; there is no point in worrying “I should have done that” or “I shouldn’t have done this”. Now is the time to repent / confess and start doing it right!

When Gideon asked Lord why things were going wrong for the Israelites, God only told him to go ahead and do something

Prayer / asking God is good; but when God expects us to get into action, we should do that. There is a time to pray, and there is a time to act

If we will obey God, He will lift us above everything else that is above us; He has given us the authority above all the powers in the world. So, get up and rise up!

Peter walked on the water, as he obeyed God; not all people could do that!

Have a blessed day!

BG

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for all that you did for me. You are God and you are good. Help me not to get discouraged by anything, but to focus on your face and keep moving forward. Help me to pray, read the word and act timely; Amen

If we obey God, He will let us walk over the waters, not sink in it!

Lord first of all we thank you for your kindness. We are blessed to have you. Please guide us everyday Lord and keep us away from darkness in that way we can walk with you in the water without sinking,we continue to be blessed and walk beside you. Thank you. Amen.

Thank you Emmanuel and @FaithinGod for sharing this beautiful reflection…All of us worry most of the time…we feel anxious if we didn’t achieve what we wanted, we feel easily agitated with our emotions when God doesn’t hear our prayers abruptly…

In order to be worry-free, we have to be intentional. “Make wise choices”…create your plan A and plan B as well…As you lift your worries to God, you’ll find support in remembering the promises he has for you. They are trully timeless and applicable in all situations we encounter. He is faithful to fulfill each of them, just have more faith…:blush:

When you pray you should put effort on it.When you ask God for something.Do something that made you wish to happen.