Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession; Hebrews 3:1

Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession
Hebrews 3:1

Can there ever be a heart that truly, honestly, and carefully reflects upon Lord Jesus Christ, that does not cover their face with a mantle and recognise they are treading on holy ground? Can anyone who carefully considers this heavenly Man, Whose person, parentage, wisdom, and worth surpasses human understanding, ever remain immune to the truth?

He was Son of the most-high God. He was kinsman-Redeemer of humankind, and He came to earth to pay the price for the sin of the world. “Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus.” This is the challenge that every one of us is given. “Consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession”.

The writer to the Hebrews sets out the most complete evidence of Christ’s superiority and supremacy to everything that is in heaven above, the earth beneath, and the waters under the earth. His objective is to provide the fullest, final, and unparalleled revelation of the Son of God, Who is God the Son - Who came in the person, power, and performance of Jesus.

He is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact expression of God’s perfect nature. He is the one Who sustains all things by His powerful word. He is the One Who made purification for the sin of the world, after which He rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. Therefore, we are challenged to “consider HIM.” As God’s blood-bought children we are to “consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession.”

It is Christian men and women, who are set apart by a heavenly calling, and challenged to consider JESUS. It is members of the Body of Christ, who are exhorted to consider HIM. It is born-again, Christian brethren, who believe in their hearts that Christ died for their sin and confess Him as Lord and Saviour, who are to consider this Man. It is YOU and ME, who are saved by grace through faith in Christ, who are directed to examine our faith, by reflecting on the person, work, roles, and responsibilities of this unique, and holy Person, in Whom we have placed our trust.

It is God’s blood-bought children that are instructed to think-about, meditate and consider the glorious qualities; the gracious vocation; and the eternal office of Jesus Christ - the holy Apostle of our calling, Who was sent from on high to be our Kinsman-Redeemer. Jesus Christ is the Messenger Who came from God to be identified with man and become one with us. Jesus Christ is the Message God sent to us, so that we could be partakers of a heavenly calling.

Jesus Christ is our righteous Advocate with the Father. He brought the good news of salvation to a lost and dying world. He is the Son of the Father Whom God gave to be born as the Son of Man. Jesus Christ is God the Son, Who set aside His heavenly glory to come to earth as a Man - yet without sin. He came to redeem this fallen race, through the sacrifice of His own perfect life. How important, therefore, to consider Him.

You and I are instructed to take heed of every aspect of Jesus Christ, the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, for He was sent forth from on high as the One Who would reveal the Father to a lost and dying race. He was the One chosen from before the foundation of the world, to redeem all who would believe in His sacrificial death and glorious resurrection - for He is the visible image of the invisible God. He is the pre-eminent Person, and the exact representation of our holy, heavenly Father. He is JESUS, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Whom we are instructed to CONSIDER.

May we, who are partakers of the heavenly calling, reverently and rejoicingly consider our Lord Jesus Christ and all that He has done for us. Let us consider the God-Man; the second Adam; the Sacrifice for sin; the Prince of Peace - the incarnate God. Let us consider the Good Shepherd of the sheep and the Rock of our Salvation. Let us, therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider JESUS, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession - Who is interceding for us day and night, for to do so will cause us to step onto holy ground, as we consider Him, Who surpasses our human understanding.

Source: https://dailyverse.knowing-jesus.com/

Prayer:

Thank You dear heavenly Father that by grace through faith in Christ I am a partaker of His heavenly calling. Thank You that the Lord Jesus is both God’s Message and His Messenger. Thank You that Jesus is both the Lamb of God Who died for me and the High Priest of my confession, Who intercedes on my account. I pray that I may know You more, love You better and draw ever closer to You, as I gaze on Your glory and contemplate Your grace, in Jesus’ name I pray, AMEN.