This is the story of my life and how Jesus changed it

Shared by Daniel Knupp

…This is the story of my life and how Jesus changed it…
I was raised in a Christian home. My family wanted me to learn about Jesus so I went to a private Christian school from K5 to 7th grade. I left private school in 7th grade because I wanted to see a different side of life. It was a life changing experience for me to change from private school to public school. I smoked weed for the first time,lost my virginity,started partying… Got into high school at T.C. Roberson, my grandparents died and I got angry at God and I left Jesus and fell into being a sex and drug addict.The drugs and women at the time help drown my pain and anger I was feeling for losing my grandparents who I loved so dearly. My life has been a struggle with my addictions with sex and drugs for 15 years of my life. I even have a “hell scene” tattoo sleeve on my right arm with demons and women as a reminder of my past. I shouldn’t be alive, I should be dead or in jail. I have lost so many dear friends, who are dead, in jail or heading there. I have been to more funerals then I ever wanted to go to. I even lived in Las Vegas for 3 years of my life with the daughter of a multimillionaire. The endless cash, party access and drugs a roller coaster…Through the years, I noticed a hole in my heart that I tried to fill with everything except Jesus. Jesus is the only one that can fill that hole in our hearts, and its a hole that everyone has. I tried to fill that void in my heart with women and drugs…Smoked Ounces of weed, empty… Drank a fifth of Jack Daniels, empty…3some with girls,empty,…8 ball of cocaine empty…, Hand full of ecstasy, empty…Endless nights of partying, still empty…No matter how much weed,cocaine,alcohol,ecstasy, acid, pills,…no matter how many girls I slept with,I still felt empty inside. I kept chasing after things that couldn’t completely fill me.I was headed to prison or into a coffin…10 years ago I cried out to Jesus to forgive me and fill my heart with peace. Jesus changed my life in a very dramatic way. I got sober without going to rehab ,(which is a miracle)got my first real job at the Post Office then met my beautiful wife Reshma from Fiji Islands!! I am the happiest I have ever been because of coming back to Jesus in my life. I’m completely sober and haven’t wanted to go back ever since.Only with Jesus’s help every day could I have made it this far. My life has led me down a path of sin and redemption found in my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. I urge everyone to stop filling themselves with things that only make you happy for such a small time…But fill your life and heart with Jesus Christ who can give you life everlasting. I chose to follow Jesus and it has finally led me to the place where I was meant to be. Please my friends chose Jesus Christ. You can receive Christ right now. Jesus says, “I’m standing at the door and I’m knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in.” Would you like to respond to his invitation? Here’s how.

The precise words you use to commit yourself to God are not important. He knows the intentions of your heart. If you are unsure of what to pray, this might help you put it into words:

"Jesus, I want to know you. I want you to come into my life. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin so that I could be fully accepted by you. Only you can give me the power to change and become the person you created me to be. Thank you for forgiving me and giving me eternal life with God. I give my life to you. Please do with it as you wish. Amen.

If you sincerely asked Jesus into your life just now, then He has come into your life as he promised. You have begun a personal relationship with God.

What follows is a lifelong journey of change and growth as you get to know God better through Bible reading, prayer and interaction with other Christians.