To first Love God

Reflection from Nicholas N Jazminee Cantu

When I see the death of George Floyd it didn’t surprise me. Was it wrong? yes. When I see the looting and rioting bringing about more death, destruction, loss of more jobs, people’s hard work, it doesn’t surprise me. Is it wrong? yes. But we are not looking at the root of the issue which is sin and the absence of God within a society. We live in a broken world Run by broken people. Until we get to the root of the issue which is Dealing with our own sin through repentance and trusting in Christ things like this are and will continue to happen As they have been. On the surface it’s racist but at the core is the lack of love for our neighbor regardless of race, And at the core of not being able to Love Our Neighbor is the issue of not being able to Love God and to be able to truly love our Neighbors regardless of race is to first Love God.
“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like, unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬

In Revelation Jesus says to a specific church to come back to there first Love but he says that to everyone even the unbeliever because on the Cross he Showed his Love to Everyone

We love because God first loved us. And we must love one another like God. Watching the actual footage of George Floyd’s death was really sickening. Seeing people looting store, burning buildings, and messing around was terrifying. This caused issue of race discrimination not just in America but around the world. People are rioting, rallying using violence against violence. But that is wrong. We don’t get to the root of the problem. Instead, they just add more fuel to the fire and making it bigger. As God says,

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like, unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” Matthew‬ ‭22:37-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬
‭‭
We should love and pray for each other including our neighbors and enemies too. The way we should love God. Without God, there will be no love, peace and unity. We should respect everyone. We are all the same race, whether black, brown or white. We are human beings our skin colors are irrelevant. We must educate children to not segregate into race categories but give respect to everyone because we are all human and we should love each other the way God saved and love us.

God is love. He loves us and He pursues us with that love. And when I experienced His love, I was able to share that love with others. I appreciate the love God has for me.

Knowing what we know, how much more do we want to give Him something? But He seems to have everything. Well, not quite. He doesn’t have you with Him again forever, not yet. I hope you are touched by the feelings of His heart enough to sense how much He wants to know you are coming home to Him. You can’t give that gift to Him in one day, or one Christmas, but you could show Him today that you are on the way. You could pray. You could read a page of scripture. You could keep a commandment. If you have already done these, there is still something left to give. All around you are people He loves but can help only through you and me. One of the sure signs that we have accepted the gift of the Savior’s atonement is that we give gifts to others.

I agree. What is happening in our world is caused by indifference and lack of God in people’s lives. As we learn to love God first, our love tanks will be filled and we will be able to reflect that love towards other people. We will also be able to see through one’s actions and begin to understand the state of their hearts. May God bring peace to the world.

Even when we love and serve and give for others, our love for Jesus has to come before any of that, so that we can love them with a divine love…how to we love God? To love God is to keep His commandments…What seems to be the problem in our world today is that, people pursue hate instead of love and peace…

Yes, @Jean it was sickening so much that I didn’t watch the footage. I turned away and couldn’t bear to see the violence and injustice. To be honest, when images of George Floyd first his social media, I just finished watching a Netflix series about the problem of racism in the US and I just boiled over.

How do we correct all these?

I believe @FaithinGod said it best. Tackle it from the root and the root is sin and the absence of God. And if this is truly the root, the true answer is Jesus and the deliverer of this answer is none else but us Christians

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
Thats statement was… Something. Of course there are many things wrong, it’s sad how we focus only on what we have in sight. Instead of taking our the root of the issue, we want to change only a little thing. The world is in diré need of waking and starting to have God in our lives, that’s the only true way of living.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.