Todd Starnes: 'Bachelorette' contestant Luke Parker's family accuses ABC of anti-Christian bigotry

When Luke Parker told producers of “The Bachelorette” that he was a born-again Christian who was saving sex for marriage, ABC knew they had the season’s villain.

Luke’s family tells me they are outraged over ABC’s campaign to portray the 24-year-old as an evil, pathological liar, misogynist and psychopath – simply because he follows the Bible’s teachings regarding sex and marriage.

It’s very sad that Luke Parker has had to go through this trauma. It’s too bad that no one warned him that he lives in a primarily worldly nation who’s so-called “Carnal Christians” (no such thing Biblically) will nail him to a cross as quickly as it’s atheists.

Christians who believe in the Bible should warn one another about the “carnal christian” lies that so many people embrace. We should warn one another that just because someone calls themselves a “Christian” or “goes to church” or says they are “saved” does not mean they understand the first thing about true repentance and saving faith, nor a thing about Biblical standards.

I think those who believe in Biblical standards should likewise spend time learning what Jesus meant by

Matthew 10:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Being mean is not what is asked for. Being WISE is what is asked for. We need to be wise about our surroundings.

I hope and pray that Luke Parker has a reasonable enough Biblical support network who will help him deal with this national defaming, and help him to make wiser choices and count the cost ahead of time in future situations.