True Knowledge of God

Reflection from Raluchukwu Onwuzuluigbo

Good morning,

Topic: True Knowledge of God

Nobody who really has handled electricity and has worked in power substation that doesn’t abide with the rules and acceptable industrial practices guiding electricity. Working for over thirty years in power station, will not make you relax the rules. This rules are the same in every country. This is simply because electricity is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

If we claim that we know God and do not abide by the rules, then we prove that we don’t know him at all. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). As it is written, "everyone who lives in union with Christ does not continue to sin; but whoever continues to sin has never seen him or known him (1 John 3:6).

Many people know God by what they were told about him, they have not known him personally. Those who have practical experience are different from those who have theoretical knowledge of a subject. Having both is beautiful, you can speak in tongues, heal the sick, and even raise the dead, if you don’t bear the fruit of the spirit, you don’t know God. Oh what a wonderful line in the book of Job 42:5‭-‬6, after Jobs encounter with God, he said, in the past, I knew only what others had told me about you, but now, I have seen you with my own eyes. So I am ashamed of all I have said and repent in dust and ashes.

When Isaiah saw the Lord in his majesty seated in his temple in heaven with the cherubims declaring his holiness calling out to each other: “Holy, holy, holy! is the Lord God Almighty! His glory fills the world and the sound of their voices made the foundation of the Temple shake, and the Temple itself became filled with smoke. Isaiah said, “There is no hope for me! I am doomed because every word that passes my lips is sinful, and I live among a people whose every word is sinful. And yet, with my own eyes I have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”(Isaiah 6:1-‬5).

Isaiah and Job came to personal knowledge and encounter of God and their lives never remained the same. If we claim we belong to God and have nothing to show for it; if the old man remains, then our claim is false. You can’t have an encounter with him and remain the same.

Regards.

1 Like

The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts.

1 Like

@FaithinGod Allow me to borrow this line for my own reflection on this topic. “Many people know God by what they were told about him, they have not known him personally. Those who have practical experience are different from those who have theoretical knowledge of a subject.”
Yeah this is true it think im composing of 70 % of “Told About Him” and 30 % is Known him theoretically.
I learn so many things about God by the help of my community. They are sharing their experience how God works in their life and also we are using bible for our sharing and reflections assembly.