Unforgivable Sin

I think I might have committed blasphemy against the spirit. When I was being so stressed that my head hurt about a sin i had already asked for forgiveness for. earlier I had a thought whether the holy spirit was convicting me or if my mind was being attacked by the enemy. I followed what the holy spirit was telling me “trying to reach out to the person i wronged” and I’m not stressed now. But now I’m worried that he left because of that thought. And I fear that the intrusive thought was blasphemy.

I tried to tell my concerns to my mom about it and I realized that I said it outloud. Wasn’t meant to be malicious but I still said what the intrusive thought was? And that was causing extreme amounts of panic

please explain this everyone is saying if you care/fear about commiting the unforgivable sin and are concerned then you did not. where does it say this in the bible. I understand that this is commonly accepted. I just want some biblical explanation for this beleif

1 Like

No you haven’t. . . sorry for being blunt about it but committing the unpardonable sin was only ever a national sin and not an individual one, Israel as a nation commited it when they rejected Yeshua as the Messiah and accused him of performing miracles by the power of Satan and not the holy spirit, for us to commit it as individuals we need to have witnessed Yeshua in the flesh performing works by the holy spirit. Now, we can still grieve the spirit, which we all do every day, but all we need to do is simply confess and seek forgiveness , also, once you believe and are born again, filled, sealed and baptised in and by the spirit, He never leaves you, for any reason :+1:, hope this helps and God bless :grin:

1 Like

discussions on CT >> Redirecting...

You have not rejected the Holy Spirit! You can know that because you feel concerned or convicted. It is only the Holy Spirit who brings you concern and conviction (John 16:8–13). If the Holy Spirit had left you, there would be no concern or conviction in your heart. Rejoice and praise God! Give Him your life now! And prayerfully follow and obey Him in the days ahead. He will give you victory (1 Corinthians 15:57), uphold you (Philippians 2:13), and keep you until His return (Philippians 1:6). “… the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out” (John 6:37 NKJV).