Verse for Today! June 14th!

For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

Deuteronomy 30:16 (NIV)

1 Like

I can’t remember the last time I posted a verse for today but here we are again! This is a reminder for us to obey God’s word. If we claim that we love God, we must show our respect to Him by obeying His commands and live life according to His word! :blush:

Thank you for sharing this verse! @kianna
It was my birthday and I was very happy. I thank God for giving me another day to celebrate my life. I also thank Him for my family and friends who greeted me. I always keep in mind to thank God and follow Him. Let us continue living our life according to His word!

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
Thanl you for reminding all of us the words of the Lord. Specially since today is Sunday! This could be a thing for all Sundays, don’t you think? At least in my country churchs aren’t open.
I love the words of today, because being a christian is not only praying, is acting like one and loving God. Because God is our father, and as fathers, he deserves and needs love. At the end of the day, the Lord ask so little of us to give us so much!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

1 Like

That’s amazing! Happy birthday to you, @hbbm14! May God shower you with more blessings! God bless you!

1 Like

Yes of course! Our world is going through a lot of problems and a verse would surely lift someone’s mood and keep them motivated and positive. :blush:

This bible verse reminds us that we are to love the Lord our God. Love is a choice, but we can’t love someone very well if we don’t know them. The better we know God the easier it is to love Him since He is perfectly good in character.

1 Like

Very true! Whenever I introduce someone or persuade someone to read the Bible, this is what I tell them. It is hard to love someone you do not know, and in order to know God more, it is very advisable to read the Bible.

this is even the 1st in the 10 commandments Thou shalt have no other Gods before me, meaning is to LOVE GOD ( and there would be no other Gods before him, all of ours will be in HIM) if we will keep him first HE WILL BLESS US UNTIL THE DAY HE
he sends us home to heaven