Verse for Today! May 14, 2020

1 John 3:18 New International Version (NIV)

:yellow_heart: Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. :yellow_heart:

My Reflection:
I have seen a lot of people preaching about certain behaviors, what to do, and what not to do. That is fine, I like how proper behavior is being discussed by people, but what I do not like is how they cannot seem to apply it in real life. They speak of kindness, but they treat people badly. They speak of respect but curses at people. How they judge a person by their looks and how they put labels on people. My point is, we should apply what goodness we have read from God’s word. Practice what we preach. Merely reading and saying it will not do you any good, apply it to the world and how you interact.

5 Likes

yeah actions speaks louder than words. Don’t trust words, words are nothing without actions. When we will relate to romantic scenario someone is having confession for their love for you but only in words and you didn’t see any proven proofs why he loves you why he wants you. why accept them right. So actions is more important than words.

1 Like

Indeed! Easy said than done. No matter how sweet that person’s words are, if it contradicts his or her actions, there you will know the truth.

Blessed evening, i agree, @zayn22 actions speaks better than words, technically constructing words is easier than doing it in actions, Good example when were still student we know we report inside the classroom we have red the textbooks we memorized them but those are all words but during the practicum it is harder to perform… but for some situation regarding Ms. kianna’s concern about those who speak goodness but their actions do not justify their goodness i think it is really bad… it is better to personally model whatever good we say to simply have the credibility or integrity.

1 Like

Yesss! Sometimes I just get very lost whenever a person’s words and actions do not go well together. I try to give the person the benefit of the doubt but at the same time I do not want them to overuse my patience and understanding. You know what I mean? I just pray to God things go well with that type of people.

1 Like

I honestly laugh at this dear @kianna…coz I experience and encounter people like these even today. I remember one time I was invited to attend a mass in a certain church wayback when I was still in the Philippines. So since it was my first time, I just sit down, listen and observe…At first I slightly like the way they preach but in the long run, it makes me feel awkward. Why? Because every churchgoers is just gossiping the attires of the others, the way they look with their lipstick , the way they style their hair etc.and the worst is, after the mass everyone is talking to someone particularly…So I was so puzzled and like “Haler! You read and bring a Bible in your bag, how come you are so judgemental to others”…Fast forward, I didn’t attend mass their anymore… Even today I still experience that kind of stuffs and sadly, it came from those people who claim and called you as “part of the family”

1 Like

I really just can’t help but be speechless whenever I encounter people like this. I am literally lost for words. Like wow, didn’t you just preach about goodness and kindness? Why are you all acting like this? I haven’t encountered any of that in the church though because mostly I just fix my attention to the priest because sometimes the sound system gets weird so I try to understand what he’s saying as much as I could. But yep, if I were also in your place, I would not want to go there anymore. That is not something I would want to stay and talk about the word of God. I just pray that they realize what they have been doing. :frowning:

Hello, dear @kianna
Wonderful words, very wise indeed! This is something so wonderful of the Bible, you can always apply all of their teachings in all aspect of your life, not only in the Christian and religion way. And this is something we must constantly be doing, we can say anything we want but if we don’t back it up then it’s nonsense. Even if we think about it, acting first is a better way of inspiring and spreading a message, because it causes curiosity to others and reaffirms the compromise you can have with it.
So in conclusion, let’s act first!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

Yess! The Bible really teaches us a lot of things applicable in everything!

I agree, it is very easy to say things, but if we do not apply it in our lives, all we did was waste our breath talking. Plus, it will confuse those who are listening to you and sees your actions contradicting your words.

1 Like

@kianna: True! I really encountered a lot of people doing that…even here in our community. And honestly there are times I don’t wanna see them like in a certain gathering, because they’ll just keep on gossiping someone: and then you’ll see them attending mass during Sundays haha! I am an introvert kind of person that is why as much as possible I avoid mingling with these kind of people. Hopefully in the long run, they’ll realize the essence of “mind your own business” kind of thing and preach God wholeheartedly and seriously.:blush:

1 Like

I really hope so too! It is so disrespectful to the Lord. They go to church, a very sacred place, yet their actions are just so wrong :frowning: God bless them :frowning: