VERSE OF THE DAY: June 21st!

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Exodus 20:12 (NIV)

1 Like

HAPPY HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS OUT THERE AND TO THE FATHERS IN THIS COMMUNITY. AND TO THE MOTHERS WHO ALSO STOOD AS FATHERS IN THEIR FAMILY! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MORE POWER TO YOU FATHERS!

Our parents should be a significant priority in our lives. They should not be ignored or taken lightly…As we grow older we should learn to appreciate all their sacrifices upon raising us and give thanks for all the good things they have done…coz without them, we are not here in this world…Cheers to all single Mother’s who portray as Father’s as well as all hardworking Father’s in the whole world…Belated Happy Father’s Day!

1 Like

To honor and respect our parents means that we have a high regard for them. We love and appreciate them and are concerned about their happiness and well-being. We treat them with courtesy and thoughtful consideration. We seek to understand their point of view. Certainly, obedience to parents’ righteous wishes and desires is a part of honoring.

1 Like

Indeed, @MakkaPakka! Sometimes, their ways can be harsh, but deep down we all know they want what’s best for us. Maybe they are just having a hard time expressing their emotions. I learned that as I grew older.

True, @Paulo_Juamis! Their sacrifices and efforts will surely remain in our hearts. They have played a major role in our lives, they molded us into who we are today.

True dear @kianna…I grew up with a strict parents…I still have nanny in school when I was in Grade 6…I grew up with a lot of “bawal”…I am banned to stay late in school, banned in playing outside the house, banned to watch TV during exams, banned to make friends with boys etc…at first I rebelled, but in the long run I surrendered…haha! That was the time I begin to understand everything…My two sisters get pregnant as early as age 20 and 18 in Manila…I couldn’t imagine their frustrations at that time as I saw them struggle to sent them there…and so my brother and I strive to patch up everything, we strive to be as good as we can be and in God’s grace we graduated both Engineer…

1 Like

Hi @MakkaPakka, same! I also rebelled when I’ve seen my batchmates going to a lot of places and have fun, it ended quickly though because I realized how risky it was plus the introvert in me just can’t handle much socializing lol. Now, I am just very blessed to have such strict parents! I am doing well in school and I am working hard to finance myself.

1 Like