The way You love me, the way You do
The way You do, the way You love me,
You love me, You love me
The way You do, the way You do,
the way You love me
The way You love, You love, You love.

• Watch "What if - Jadon Lavik

2 Likes

This is nice @Livingwater… As I read this one, I started also formulating my “What if’s”; but as I started to reflect one by one in my list I also found God’s answers as I look back into my life. I’ve been through a lot of heartbreaks, a lot of disappointments, pain and suffering, depression and anxiety, but the Lord lifted me up. What if Lord, I didn’t listen to you? What would me my life now? Etc.

Then I dwell unto this…“Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him” (Psalm 37:5-7a, NIV).

1 Like

What a beautiful poem. I had my own ‘what ifs’ too and I also asked God a million times what I have done to deserve His love for me. You are right, as the world and the people in it changes, God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Its amazing how His love can change us into something that He could use to bless and change the world. Thank you for sharing this lovely poem!

Hello, dear @Livingwater
I loved this song, it reminds me of some words my aunt told me once, more or less it was something like this: with God you have everything, when you feel sad or happy talk with him and thank him because he will always be there no matter what.
I believe this is why the love of God is so magnificent, he always be there, no matter what.
Here is the song, for those who are a little lazy:

Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

@Livingwater This is Nice. Good Poem.

I start thinking of my what if’s in my life. I remembering back on my regrets. It’s not only the way of the Lord for us but also our will. Because God gave us our own will to live our life.
What if i choose her? what if i not do that? what if i change everything and choose to good instead of a bad life. Its a reflection poem for me. God still molding me to fix my whay if’s.

1 Like

WHAT IF?;@LIVING WATER, im just curius why you posted this song? is there something bothering you? did you loved the lyrics? does the song touches you? but, whatever you feel about this song im pretty sure you are having a beautiful thoughts in your mind. remember there are some experiences or thought in your mind but for GOD he loves you nothing to worry about your what ifs just thrust him and he will lead you to your right path …Remember you have power over your anxious mind… Im intersted to know better the writer of the song… GOOD IDEA . good idea and i also loved the song…

1 Like

What a Beautiful poem this reminds me how God is so good to me and how his word change me everyday its so amazing that I have a Father that love me so much that care for me and guide me everytime i need Him I love you my Jesus.

Is it a song @Livingwater? Very powerful thoughts to ponder. A lot of realization are into this. But what struck the most for me is this line:

What have I done to deserve
Your son sent to die for me?

“Really Lord what did we do to deserve you!” Every time I hear a song or read a text or a verse about Jesus dying on the cross, it really breaks my heart. The thought of who He is and who I am is really unfair. Yet He did it because He loves us so much. But to go back to the What If, I have just one thing in mind. What if Jesus said no, “I don’t want to die for them”.

1 Like

Hey there @Livingwater
I’m gonna take advantage of the popularity of the topic and recommend another song of Jadon, it’s name is “how great thou art” I loved a lot. Specially this part of the lyrics:
“When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, My God, how great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great you are! How great you are!”
I think about it as a way of gratitude to the Lord that we should have at every time, he gave us life and the joys that come with it. And just by having faith he’ll always be looking after, awesome stuff.
Here’s the video:

Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Hi @Luis_Ruiz
Evangelist Billy Graham said: “The reason I like ‘How Great Thou Art’ is because it glorifies God. It turns Christian’s eyes toward God, rather than upon themselves. I use it as often as possible because it is such a God-honoring song.”

This song as the title would suggest is about the Greatness of God. In the first Stanza we stop and stand in awe of all that God has done. The Second Stanza takes us into nature and its beauty. The Third Stanza brings us back to the reason we all will one day be in heaven, Jesus died on the cross bearing the sins of the world. The final stanza talks about the return of Christ about the joy that will feel our hearts and how we will proclaim “My God How Great Thou Art.”

@Livingwater As I reiterate this song, God entrusts us with trials as a gift. If we respond to the trials in faith and holiness, We can have joy in the fact that we are storing up rewards in heaven. If we respond to the trials with fear or complaining, We miss the opportunity for reward.

“In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:6-7).

We have so many ‘’ What ifs’’ in life which hinders us to succeed and this what ifs comes into different ways: To our anger, to our insecurities, and #1 to our Doubt? - - - Why? Because we have a dreams in our life and in this world too but because of our failures we met this ‘‘what ifs" in our lives. Once you have what ifs to God and to yourself this is what I want to give: ‘’ God words-’‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 (NIV)’’. Thank you @Livingwater for sharing this song to us, honesty, I have many what ifs but today my what ifs I made it as optimistic in order to live hopeful in life together with God. :pray:

I LOVE THIS LINE!!! woah

I am speechless

WOW this is very strong!

AMEN TO THIS. The Lord God’s love is beyond everyone else’s.