Was Allie's Title Question "Is The Chosen Biblical" Answered on Relatable?

Christians who hold significant influences on social media have responsibilities as well as privileges. Those responsibilities do not change or are ignored depending on the guest. And its worse when Christians like Allie Beth Stuckey are insisting that “Mormon theology is not influencing The Chosen, it is Scripture”, all the while ex-mormon ministries are warning that former Mormon-turned Christians are turning back to Mormonism because of the show and they are being largely ignored by the Christian community.

Below is a video that breaks down what happened on the 12/19/2022 Relatable episode along with observations on Allie Beth Stuckey’s actions before and after the interview.

1 Like

There was a comment on Facebook about Allie’s prior episode with Lynn Wilder. Seems that Lynn actually warned Allie and viewers/listeners about The Chosen and about how, in Lynn’s words, Mormonism is couched in Christian language. Of note is Allie’s admission a little afterwards that she had not watched the series.

I have forward this information to the gentleman who made this video and I share in his exact sentiment. The gaslighting by Allie Beth Stuckey on her interview with Dallas Jenkins is grievous and highly disrespectful to Lynn Wilder. This really shows just how ex-Mormon Christians are deliberately being ignored. The link to the Lynn Wilder episode is below with emphasis at around the 49:29 mark:

1 Like

An Update: it came to my attention that on the 1/27/23 episode of Relatable, a fan on Instantgram asked Allie Beth Stuckey her thoughts about the He Gets Us campaign. Her answer is interesting here as she basically said that she needs a little time to research biblically, but it gave her the heebbie-jeebbies and its so focused on making Jesus relatable that we lose who Jesus actually is.

This comes a month after she had Dallas Jenkins on her show and she essentially PR endorsed The Chosen, a show she hasn’t seen to her own admission, and it does exactly what she criticised the He Gets Us campaign of doing. These kinds of actions is why the world won’t take Christians seriously and the enemies of the Lord point and laugh at our double standards.

We may agree on conservative stances with Allie Beth Stuckey, although these latest series of actions may call even that into question as to if she actually believes what she is saying. However, there is now ample evidence displayed by Allie to disqualify her from ever being taken seriously on biblical matters and topics.

1 Like

Looks like The Chosen has caught itself in another controversy by having a pride flag on its set behind the scenes. I listened to Allie’s recent podcast episode and her answer to seeing that was… disappointing. I googled to see if anyone has talked about this yet so that Google search has brought me to this blog post. I want to know if anyone else was disappointed in Allie’s response as well.

Honestly, I haven’t been following her after Feburary when she unpaused her her zeal for Gospel integrity durring her criticisms on the He Gets Us ads, something that she should have also directed at The Chosen for doing the same thing, and it seems I’m right to do so. It really doesn’t help that she is scrubbing comments on Youtube and mutting/blocking anyone on social media who brings up this double standard.

Given how LDS is friendly towards homosexuality, I am not at all surprised. I really don’t care what she has to say anymore. But, I’m sure Stuckey had a carefully worded and contrived double talk how not everyone who works on the show is Christian in spite that it is a production about Jesus and probably pointed back to how her own production team and The Blaze is not comprised of all Christians. I seem to remember Melissa Dougherty saying something similar over two years ago in her interview with Dallas. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ll laugh at myself if my assumption is accurate revealing how blandly predictable these Christian branded commentators are.

I’m surprised you found anything about this at all on Google. There are other Evangelical commentators who bring up Stuckey’s interview with Dallas and how she soft peddled it. Yet they have largely ignored talking about her ever changing shifts depending on her guest or subject in order to be relatable in spite her brand is about thinking critically and viewing life from a biblical perspective. But it seems the Christian community will run interference for Stuckey in the same way she is doing so for Dallas Jenkins and Glenn Beck.

I do have thought as curiousity got the better of me and I took a peak at her last night’s episode on YouTube. Her followers are actually not happy with Stuckey, but there is an unfortunate revelation.

It seems that Evangelicals are now saying this is a line too far here where somebody felt comfortable enough to have the flag on set and The Chosen Inc also felt confortable to keep that in the behind the scenes clip. I’m not saying that Evangelicals shouldn’t say it is a line too far.

However, the line was already too far crossed when a so called Evangelical script writer was comfortable enough to rewrite and invent his own lores of the Christ event for relevance to the applause of the Christian community and even proudly stated to their faces that 95% of the Bible isn’t in his show.

I just think that modern American Christianity is at a low point and will find new lows when it is a pride flag that draws more ire than the malpractice of Scripture and lack of Gospel integrity.

But to answer your question, it doesn’t appear that anyone is really mentioning her by name or directly talking about her comments. However, I’ve included two videos below that are covering this latest controversy around The Chosen by Evangelical Dark Web and Lion of Fire Ministries.

Both appear to be in response to some of the namebrand Christian Commentators who are downplaying this drama or running damage control for Dallas and Lion of Fire confirmed in the comments section of his video that this was the reason he made his latest video.

Lion of Fire Ministries:

Evangelical Dark Web: