Wat is the root of all evil?

What is the root of all evil?

I think pride, lifting ourselves above The most high…
Lucifer says here…
Isaiah 14:14 New Living Translation (NLT)
14 I will climb to the highest heavens
and be like the Most High.’

I think… Pride

From the Bible perspective the root of all evil is leaving out the command of God and going by our own thoughts and ways…

Isaiah 53:6
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all.

the LOVE of money the root of evil :

“However, those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires, which plunge men into destruction and ruin. 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains” (1 Timothy 6:9,10. Bible).

But the root of “all” evil is the devil as it is written in Bible :

“We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one” (1 John 5:19. Bible).

1 Like

Romans 1:21

Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.

The root of all evil is pride. we think our mind is better than God.

It is arrogance.

I think if we compare sin to a tree, the root of sin is pride and not fearing God.

Arrogance. This sin makes us leave Jesus. So I think it’s the root of sin.

I think it’s an arrogant heart that doesn’t want to place God in our mind.

Arrogance, don’t have faith toward God, have no thankful heart to God, desire to be like God.

Romans: 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

arrogance