We must give our life to him and not ask him into our lives

I saw this other groups when we was talking about sharing the gospel and they said something about asking the Lord into their life. But I thought wait a minute from what I see in scripture the Lord says we have to submit our life give up our life to him he says anyone who tries to save their life will lose it. So asking him into our lives means that we keep our life and just make him part of it. I don’t see that scripturally being accurate. What do we ask the Lord to save us we are to give up our life and let him lead us. I made another comparison somewhere else about a married couple that they are supposed to be equally yoked like oxen are joined together by a yoke and they pull a load. If one wants to go straight and other one wants to go left that you’ll can be torn apart or the one wanting to go straight will compromise and go left. They must both go in the same direction and there’s another player involved in that is that the driver of the cart who has the rains direct The Oxen were they should go. In our lives it is the Lord… so we must give our life to him and not ask him into our lives.

Daniel Hutch

So how do u explain “i stand at the door and if hear my voice n open the door, i will come in”? Isnt that asking him into our lives when we open the door?

Allen Boucher

Read John 14:6 … from what I interpret from this scripture Jesus Christ came to this world to pay for our sins so that God the father can forgive us our sins! So we ask Jesus to come into our life’s and fill us with his holy spirit so that God the father can Embrace us and therefore that’s how we give (surrender) our life’s to Him … I hope this helps out in your search for the truth … I myself search the word every day and seek understanding God bless you Daniel.

Jaime Nuci

It is true, that we do not ask Jesus to come into our life, as if, we add Him to what we have and He is as an addition to what’s there! When Jesus comes, He comes to take over our life’s and set up as our Lord & King. We are to surrender to Him and He then takes His rightful place on the throne of our heart and life! God is a jealous God and He must have ALL of us!! As is said, “God is not looking for much of a man /women, BUT GOD wants ALL of that man/women.” Not just a part, Jesus wants ALL of our heart!!

Al Videc

God will save His elect and give to them the gift of faith. After that, yes, the saved should strive to conform their lives to God’s will

James McNair Brown

Youhavenailed it!I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20 ESV

Aaron Jones

Go into all the world, making disciples; teaching them to observe all I have command you.

Ronnie Fisher

Asking HIM into our lives doesn’t contradict any scriptures. It is an awareness of a need to surrender our will and allow HIS will to be done in and through us forever. Revelation 3:20-22 20) "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21) To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.22) “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” PEACE and GOD Bless

Larry E Carter