We said goodbye to the life in the flesh when we joined to Christ

Reflection from Raluchukwu Onwuzuluigbo

Good morning,

Topic: We said goodbye to the life in the flesh when we joined to Christ

When a man is travelling from one state to another state in any country, he is bound by the laws of the state up to the boundary of the given State. Usually at such boundaries are big billboard that says “GOODBYE from State ‘A’, and WELCOME to State ‘B’”. Indeed when you enter the new state you are no longer bound by the former state laws but the of the new.

In our union with Christ, God delivered us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, Colossians 1:13. By this work of grace, anyone who is united to Christ has become a new person ( a new creation). The old life is gone; a new life has begun!(2 Corinthians 5:17). So we all who were formerly slaves of sin have come to a new reality where righteousness rules (Sin is no longer ruling over us), for indeed we no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, we live under the freedom of God’s grace.(Romans 6:14).

Jesus said to the Pharisees, “I am telling you the truth: everyone who sins is a slave of sin. If the Son sets you free, then you will be really free.John 8:34‭, ‬36. You might look gentle in the outside but inside is full of corruption outside Christ.

In one of the festival of the Jews, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice on the last and greatest day of the feast, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified (John 7:37‭-‬39).

Have you being United to Christ and have you taking seriously the grace of God which is made available in all its fullness in Christ. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.John 1:16‭-‬17.

Regards.

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
Great reflection… Very Bible quote related, I like those a lot, it shows great theology knowledge and confidence within faith. I thinks my favorite part is this:

This is not our fault per se, but it’s a truth on our lives, we sin constantly and even without knowing it. To be free of sin, the only way is with Jesus Christ, only with him we can change the superiority and rise up against sin!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Thank you for this. It just proves how much our Lord God loves us. He cleaned us from our sins and accepted us wholeheartedly. We are beyond blessed for having the Lord God as our Lord and Savior.