What are the marks of a good christian?

WHAT ARE THE MARKS OF A GOOD CHRISTIAN?

Jesus answered this one. “By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

True Christians were also given a commission. Matthew 28:19, 20 says, “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU.”

True Christians would be known for their love and their preaching work. Not a set of man-made doctrines, but adherence to the Bible as their authority.

In the First Epistle of John, fifth chapter, thirteenth verse, we read: “These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” That is the reason this epistle is written to the people. “These things I write unto you,” said John, “that ye may know that ye have eternal life.”

Now I ask you, do you know whether you have eternal life? What do I mean by eternal life? I mean life, here and now, a full-orbed life, life’s complete fulfillment, as well as heaven to come when you die. Do you know that you have that? The Bible says you can know it. You can be sure of it. John says, “These things I write unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life.” A Christian who has received Christ can say with assurance, “I know that I have eternal life. I’m sure. I have received Christ. There are certain evidences in my life that indicate that I’ve passed from death unto life. Whether I was conscious of the moment or unconscious of it, I’ve passed from death unto life and I know that I’m ready to meet God. I know in whom I have believed.”

Love God and love others; and for loving others, a Christian should evangelize directly or indirectly.

The heart of the matter
Upon closer inspection, Good Christians seem to be those who can set aside their pride and acknowledge that they are beggars and fools, and hungry for mercy.

Good Christians seem to be those who recognize that their standards for what makes a “Good Christian” are not necessarily God’s standards.

Good Christians seem to be those who recognize that God is less interested in “Good Christians” than he is in contrite hearts that can be broken in order to be mended and loved into life.

i think it is the 9 fruits of Holy Spirit. if Christians can have those, it is easy can recognize.

Yes,I agree with you!