What Bible version do you prefer?

I have several Bible with different versions such as new internation version (NIV), king james version (KJV), and english standard version (ESV). Whenever my family and I read the Bible together, some parts confuses me because in other version was incomplete when it comes to version or more so the other mentions a name but the other does not. Which Bible version do you prefer and more wholesome to read?

1 Like

I’m a mixed bag. I think that the most reliable English Bible translation is the NASB 95 (specifying because the NASB 2020 is coming out and I have some wariness about it). However, sometimes I need things in “plain English” and NIV helps me greatly that way. Those are my usual picks. I read NIV for immediate understanding and use NASB for more precise language.

I use the KJV to get to the Greek and Hebrew text when plain reading does not suffice.

1 Like

I think I’ll give NASB a shot, maybe I can buy one after the lockdown in my country has already finished. Because somehow I feel ESV is a bit lacking when I try to compare it with NIV because there are several words and names removed on the ESV one as compared to other versions.

1 Like

I use the New International Version because for me, it easier to understand. Because there are some things in the Bible that I just do not get, and so far, my experience with reading the Bible using the New International Version has been great! Though I am open to other versions as I read the Bible along the way.

1 Like

We god care family happy lots of friends, fath hope care be safe home and be happy

@iona090 when i was a kid, im using KJV because That’s the required version in our church. However when i decided to dig more in God’s word i bought NIV bible and up until now im using it together with my tagalog version. What matters or is really important is you can easily understand the bible version you are using right now.

1 Like