What Bible version do you prefer?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fab82ff34f0> #<Tag:0x00007fab82ff3428>
What Bible version do you prefer?

I have several Bible with different versions such as new internation version (NIV), king james version (KJV), and english standard version (ESV). Whenever my family and I read the Bible together, some parts confuses me because in other version was incomplete when it comes to version or more so the other mentions a name but the other does not. Which Bible version do you prefer and more wholesome to read?

I’m a mixed bag. I think that the most reliable English Bible translation is the NASB 95 (specifying because the NASB 2020 is coming out and I have some wariness about it). However, sometimes I need things in “plain English” and NIV helps me greatly that way. Those are my usual picks. I read NIV for immediate understanding and use NASB for more precise language.

I use the KJV to get to the Greek and Hebrew text when plain reading does not suffice.

1 Like

I think I’ll give NASB a shot, maybe I can buy one after the lockdown in my country has already finished. Because somehow I feel ESV is a bit lacking when I try to compare it with NIV because there are several words and names removed on the ESV one as compared to other versions.

1 Like

I use the New International Version because for me, it easier to understand. Because there are some things in the Bible that I just do not get, and so far, my experience with reading the Bible using the New International Version has been great! Though I am open to other versions as I read the Bible along the way.