What book from the Bible should I read if I'm discouraged and demotivated?

What book from the Bible should I read if I’m discouraged and demotivated?

For me, whenever I feel down, I read the book of Psalms. There are several chapters there telling us how David felt during his darkest days. What’s more, just knowing that David felt discouraged, fear and frustrations in spite of being called by God as a “man after My Own Heart,” only shows that every human being, even if they are Christians, are still prone to fear and worry.

BUT the good news is, we have a Savior, a Father, a Friend who knew exactly what we are going through and is ready to help us and give us rest.

Reading these verses, really helped me focus my pain-filled heart to Jesus and I know I’m in great hands.

1 Like

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I feel the same way too…There are actually a lot of verses that you can read @Kei… and that one ai posted is one of my favourite. I also read motivational books of Rick Warren, Rhonda Bryne and Joyce Meyer. Jist tell me if you want the titles, so I can send it to you. :wink:

1 Like

Read the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Bible or the Book of Acts. I love reading on the stories of the men and women of God, how God shows Himself the faithful savior and deliverer of His people.

You can also read on the epistles of Paul, Collossians and Ephesians where Paul describes our position in Christ. Paul paints a picture of a new creation, one who is one with Heaven. These books remind me of what it means to be united with Christ, to be “blessed with all the heavenly blessings in Christ Jesus.” Praying for you!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement @Mariel, @MakkaPakka, and @Homer_Habacon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like