What do you have to say about Pope Francis approval to change the Lord's prayer?

image-1

Recently Pope Francis, the leader of the Roman Catholic Church made a change to the Lord’s prayer despite objections from traditionalists. Following are some of the important points as noted by the Christian Post.

Pope Francis has officially approved a change to the Lord’s Prayer in Matthew 6:13 that replaces “lead us not into temptation” with “do not let us fall into temptation.”

Pope Francis first signaled support for amending the “lead us not into temptation” part of the Lord’s Prayer in 2017, arguing that it portrays God in a false light.

“A father does not lead into temptation, a father helps you to get up immediately,” the pope said at the time. "It is not a good translation because it speaks of a God who induces temptation.”

“The one who leads you into temptation is Satan,” he added. “That’s Satan’s role.”

There has been positive as well as negative response to the change. What do you have to say about this change?

All “Popes” are a type of antichrist. They put themselves in place of the Father, in place of the Son and in place of the Holy Spirit. (They make themselves “infallible” which is something ONLY God is, they claim to be “the vicars of Christ” as though our Great High Priest Jesus Christ who Himself intercedes on our behalf before the throne of God needs their help! And they claim to forgive sins, which is something only Christ can do, and they claim to hold the power to help people get saved and regenerated through pagan practices such as beads and repetitious prayers to dead people which is something the Holy Spirit would never do. Rather, the job of the Holy Spirit is to point us to Christ and to be our Helper as we grow in Him…)

So what I think of the Pope and anything he says is ZERO.

These men have called themselves infallible (meaning PERFECT) yet when the Priests under them molest little boys they are not stripped of their authority they are simply moved to an unsuspecting new parish. Why? Because they believe that once a man is made a priest he, too, is permanently perfect. Therefore they will never relent. This has NOTHING to do with Christ nor the Bible nor Christianity.

@Sunami_Carpenter somehow it is true but i think also that there is a special reason why they were chosen as popes. Only God knows the reason.

1 Like

The only “special reason” they were “chosen” (not by God but by men) is that they are marked out for a rather hot arrival in hell. Look at all those they have led astray and blocked people’s way to salvation! Do you think God takes this lightly?

See —> The Pope and the Papacy

for detailed information far beyond what I have studied. However, I have listened and it is blistering.

We should not shy away from calling false teachers or Antichrists what they are when they are leading people astray! Would you rather care about a person calling you a rotten name and thus be silent or even amenable while millions of souls go to hell?

If you turn even one sinner from the error of their way, it covers a multitude of sins.

James 5:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

@cocoyoongie @Sunami_Carpenter Yeah true! History of Church has seen popes that misused power and lead many people astray. But its true as @cocoyoongie says there must be a reason why God has allowed them to be here. Doesn’t mean that they are allowed to do anything they want to do. As responsible Christians we shall pray for them as well I think. Here is one good article I saw recently about this change in prayer.

“Good” article?

To change God’s HOLY WORD!!!

I disagree. Strongly. It’s heinous. You don’t mess with the Scripture.

Revelation 22:18-19 New International Version (NIV)
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

Deuteronomy 4:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
32 “Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Click here for more information → https://www.gotquestions.org/closed-canon.html

Yes i have learned that you should not add or remove anything on God’s word. It is as it is. No more no less.

2 Likes

@Sunami_Carpenter The article does not justify Pope’s change of Scriptures rather it defends the position that the bible takes and why the pastor thinks the phrase (Lead us not into temptation) still applies.

And it is true that we should not change God’s word. But at times there can be translation errors. Since bible wasn’t originally written in English. At these times it is important for us to look into it and make those changes.

But yes, not in this case.

1 Like

We can just pray for them that, they may be led to repentance.