What do you think about the old testament and new testament?

Of course, these two are still relevant since it has and always been a part of the Bible, but several religions only focus on one part of the scripture. I do believe in both of this scripture but I remember a friend of mine with a religion that focuses only on the Old testament told me that the new testament was only written to confuse people, I asked her how come? since it is both inside the Holy scripture. What do you think about it?

Hello, dear @iona090,
Don’t listen to what people of others religion say to you, new testament was not written to confuse people. It was written for us to know the history, life, sacrifices and teaching of Jesus Christ.
Remember that now we have internet and a lot of technology, but on the past only the books were what survived.
If I can give you an advice, I find your friend rude in saying that, you can’t go disqualifying what your friends believe, that’s not friendship. And that’s something God would like us to do.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

About the Law. Here is where many Christians get confused. After Jesus’ death on the cross, we are now under a new covenant with God the Father. As stated above, no more animal sacrifices are needed to get forgiveness for our sins. However, there are verses in the New Testament that state that we are no longer under the law, but under grace.

God’s word will always remain His word and does not change. If the Old Testament was not important, do you think He of all intelligence would have bothered? Without the Old Testament, the New doesn’t make much sense as there are lots of references so don’t shirk neither when studying the Word.

Together the Old Testament and the New Testament make up the Holy Bible. The Old Testament contains the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, while Christianity draws on both Old and New Testaments, interpreting the New Testament as the fulfilment of the prophecies of the Old.