What do you think of Jesus Quotes?

Hello, dear friends,
As I told you before I wanted to start making wallpapers with phrases of the Bible. During my research I stumbled with a very good article, done by Bible Study Tools Staff. I liked this quote a lot:
Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40 NIV
Analizing it, I really like when Jesus gives the teachings because he’s showing us the way in which we should live to be truly happy. In this one, is specially reaffirmed the power and importance of Love, loving God and loving the neighbor as yourself. I feel like it represents the way of happiness, love. And obviously, first God, then yourself and others. Loving is the truly way.
What do you think?
Link of the article: Jesus Quotes - 30 Powerful Teachings and Words
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Jesus is love. Jesus represents the love from God. Jesus sacrificed his body and soul for the sake of sinners. We were born imperfect, we commited sins and do mistakes, but still jesus want us to be save. Sacrificing himself is a good deed in human form. Love is truly powerful.

1 Like

You may be sorry you asked what I think!

Jesus Christ did not die to make you or I “happy”!!!

I’m glad you like reading Jesus’ words. Please read all of them. You may have a better grasp on it. Jesus died for our atrocious sin against God that will land us all in hell for all eternity were it NOT for His sacrifice for us.

About that greatest commandment, I love what Jesus is pointing out and that is “just LOVE”.

And we should have clear definition of love and that is defined by him also. First of all love is God and God is love.

To simply love God and love others is to know HIM as well as God is love. I also remember 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 about the way of love.

Can we imagine how it looks like if all of us simply follow this greatest commandment?

1 Like