What do you usually do when you become weak?

Many times we become weak. But what we would do in our weakness is important.

Christ is life to the poor soul that cleaves to Him. This will strengthen my hope and expectation. I will see that Christ is engaged as a point of honor, to revive a poor dead and lifeless member of His body. The life in the head is for the good of the whole body and every member of the body that is not quite cut off. The good that is in the husband is for the relief of His poor wife, that has not been divorced. Christ being life and the Life, must be appointed for the relief, reviving and recovering from deadness of those given to Him. I will be raised up at the last day; He must present all his members as living in that day.

Ephesians 6:10-18 New International Version (NIV)
The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I pray y following the foot steps of Jesus…

Jesus Prays in Gethsemane Matthew 26:36-56)
36 Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, “Sit here, while I go over there and pray.” 37 And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch[a] with me.” 39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” 40 And he came to the disciples and found them sleeping. And he said to Peter, “So, could you not watch with me one hour? 41 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” 42 Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, “My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done.” 43 And again he came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. 44 So, leaving them again, he went away and prayed for the third time, saying the same words again. 45 Then he came to the disciples and said to them, “Sleep and take your rest later on.[b] See, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise, let us be going; see, my betrayer is at hand.”

I will spend more time with the Lord.

I would fasting if I felt weak in spirit. Usually I will fast three half days, during that period time I can pray more and fix my eyes on the Lord.

Two part answer:
What I USUALLY do when I become weak is … SIN! For me my first go to is to get angry. At someone else, that is.

What I am now being TAUGHT by the Holy Spirit to do (through failure, conviction, repentance and then wash, rinse, repeat) is to remember that I don’t have to be strong.

See, I landed in a wheelchair about a decade ago, and it totally stripped me of my “self sufficiency”. I was a mean and nasty person to be around for the first couple of years. I was mad at people who could walk around on their own two legs! Not kidding. I was a mess!

Finally, I got sick of listening even to myself. I couldn’t stand me. So, I begged God to please, please, please not make me wait as long as it took my grandmother to learn the lesson, whatever it was that she “got” in the last 9 years of her life at age 80. I did NOT want to wait that long and have to deal with all this bitterness.

Well, God saved me. I mean, that was the eventual outcome. It took a while, but that’s what He did.

Since He saved me, I have a more ready answer and am able to make amends the same day when I mess up, and sometimes I even catch it before it happens, but that’s still pretty rare.

The thing is this: I lost both my upper AND lower core body strength. Now except perhaps for those in the physical arts or sciences, that doesn’t computer. So it’s like this: think of the worst flu bug you’ve ever had with a high fever. So, the first day your fever breaks is like returning to sanity. The next day after that, you’re weak, right? Well, that’s how I feel after 8 hours of sleep when I have arisen, had my coffee and had whatever I need (food or such) to get awake and start my day. Yeah, I START my day that weak. And it goes downhill from there.

My problem is no longer my physical weakness, which I have grown used to and adapted to. My problem is my PRIDE. Anybody else got that problem? Yeah, well our culture GIVES us that problem if we don’t come with it already included in our package. (I’ve got it both ways.) Nothing like getting slammed in a wheel chair to bust one’s pride up some. But it’s not The Answer. The Answer is always and forever,

2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.