What do you usually do when you feel like you're struggling with your faith? Sometimes I have doubts and I feel unmotivated to read the word of God. What do I do?

What do you usually do when you feel like you’re struggling with your faith? Sometimes I have doubts and I feel unmotivated to read the word of God. What do I do?

Personally I pray in the Spirit.
I sing worship song to the Lord to remind myself who God is.

I pray thanksgiving also remembering all the good things the Lord did in my life.

1 Like

Sometimes, our faith will be put to test. There are times that our faith is in the highest level, and sometimes it runs empty; like "why is this things happening?, why me?,"etc…Whenever it strikes to me, I always pray to God to strengthen me, to guide me, enlighten me, and give me wisdom. Just like a television, I easily shift myself to a positive channel.

1 Like

I think it is human nature that sometimes we forget about God. That is why God set some measures to make sure that we will always remember Him
Personally, whenever I experience that feeling, I remember God’s goodness.

10So I said, “I am grieved that the right hand of the Highest has changed.” 11I will remember the works of the LORD; yes, I will remember Your wonders of old. 12I will reflect on all You have done and ponder Your mighty deeds
Psalm 7:10-12

I also remember Christ’s sufferings. I believe that is one of the reasons why He instituted the Lord’s Supper and commanded us to remember His suffering and death regularly so that we will not lose our motivation and our faith.

"and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

In the same way, also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

I Corinthians 11:24-25

The Christians then commemorate Christ’s death weekly through the Lord’s supper

Acts 20:7 On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread,

1 Like

That’s wonderful. Thank you, @theenaocay. Things have been pretty bad lately and I have been struggling with my faith, too. God bless you. keep safe!

Hi, @MakkaPakka! Yeah, that’s nice hehe the shifting of a positive channel. Yep, you’re right, maybe this is just a challenge from God to test my faith in Him. I shouldn’t let the negativity in my life to give a bad effect on the relationship I have with the Lord. Thank you, God bless you and keep safe!

Wow! Thank you for that @theenaocay! Those verses are really powerful and will surely help me in appreciating Christ more and more! God bless you and always stay safe!