What Does God Want?

What Does God Want?
By Vincent Cheung
God is sovereign. He does whatever he wants. What does he want? He wants to keep his word. He wants to fulfill his promises regarding healing, prophecy, and all kinds of miracles.The Christian cessationist is a hypocrite, but the greatest hypocrite is the Calvinist cessationist. He claims to believe in the sovereignty of God, but refuses to let God do what he wants.Thus all his condemnations against the Arminians return to himself, and with much greater force due to his hypocrisy. No open theist, no atheist, and even no Satanist is as much a hypocrite as the cessationist. God is not a sovereign liar or a sovereign loser. He is eager to keep his word, and because he is sovereign, he is also able to do it.

Don Bedford

He doesn’t need us we need him

Scoop Mendenhall

He wants ALL of our hearts! Yahweh is looking & seeking for those that will worship Him out of the fulness of their spirit and in the Truth of all He is! He desires that His people love Him with ALL of their hearts, soul, mind, being ~ unhindered and unashamed! God wants us to want Him!! Not as if He is weak, excessively needy, fragile and frail. But, rather, in a reciprocal love relationship with Him, as portrayed in the Song of Solomon. As God is love and He 1st loved us, love must be returned with whole & holy pure heart, passionately and fervently!! This is what He wants from us! He did not create us - to be robots and do as He says, be His followers, mechanically! His wants our EVERYTHING, as He has given us His EVERYTHING [Jesus]!! God so loved, so that we could now love Him!

Al Videc

Either cessationism is biblical or it is not. This is what the OP is about. LOL

Don Bedford

God Wants to dwell in man… he want his spirit to dwell in man… man is his heaven . He want his words to dwell in man… so he and man become one… because he is a spirit a invisible intangible spirit… he want to dwell in man so we can see him,so he can show mhis will to us, he’s compassion he’s love and command and will and way…

Roybin Dionco

What does God want? Glory!

Ashley Moore

Show me where anyone has ever raised the dead since 100 A.D.I find it very peculiar how all kinds of people claim to speak in languages that they never learned, but I never see anybody raising the dead, walking on water, giving sight to someone blind from the womb, making the deaf hear, instantaneously giving amputees their limbs back, etc… Maybe because it’s a little more difficult to fake raising the dead than it is mumbling a bunch of gibberish and claiming it to be a language…

Will Good

I agree, but the Armenian is also an error for he believes that he can lose his salvation is to salvation that the blood of the covenant whereby he was saved is not adequate. Is salvation impart depends on him. That God who is sovereign is not powerful enough to keep him to keep him in spite of his faults.

Jeffrey Mason