What does it mean when people ask “how long have you been saved”

What does it mean when people ask “how long have you been saved”…. I know it’s giving your life to Christ… how is that date or day determined by??? First time I said sinners prayer was when I was 9 years old and felt holy spirit for first time. But God was always in my heart and reminded me that day as I got older… he redeemed me from meth 6 years ago…. I just started going back to church faithfully and he’s moving sooooo much in my life…. But I don’t what to say when it comes to how many years I’ve been saved???

Danilia Ramirez

It’s just the Turning point In your life I guess. When you accept God fully. Although I’m unsure of the phrase, since it’s just as easy if not easier to lose your salvation. Once saved always saved is a deception

Emily Frazer

You are not saved when you believe about Jesus, or say prepared prayers, or baptized. You are saved when you realize that you are in need of a savior, and realize that the death and resurrection of Christ is the only perfect sacrifice for our sin nature, and then you must ask Him into your life and heart. Once you have done so, you are saved. He is able to keep that which you committed to Him, nothing can pluck you out of His hand. God would be a liar if you could lose your salvation, and at the Great White Judgement Throne He told you "get the hence I never knew you! " You are born into the family of God, you can not be unborn. Yes you can be a bad son or daughter and fall away, but that does not mean you were unborn and lost your salvation. If you were truly born again, God will bring you back to Him. Do not under estimate our Father.

Dale Lindsey

I had a DEFINITE experience with the Lord! June 18, 1979. A Tuesday afternoon! Praise Him!

Suzanne Farmer

My Bible says Romans 10:9- Romans 10:9-10 KJV[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. …According to scripture, as long as you continue following the things of God and repent when you stumble along the way, you ARE saved.

Steve Cannonier

I understand. The problem lies in the terminology. To many equate the acceptance of Jesus ti being saved. Actually the acceptance of Christ is only the beginning, being truly saved is a life long journey. No one is truly saved until they enter his kingdom because between now and entering his kingdom anyone can still fail or fall away from following Jesus

Kevin Luke

I was saved around 2000 years ago, JESUS paid it all.

Ronnie Fisher

From the day you are baptized then you a born again Christian

Renier Koen