What does the Bible say about angels?

Hello, dear friends,
I have a question, what does the Bible say about angels?
I recently read this article done by a person named Candida Moss on 2013, and updated on 2017: The Truth About Angels in the Bible
Here he talks about the representation of the angels around the Bible, and how they serve the lord in their own way, it’s pretty interesting.
What crossed my mind was, that on first thought I only remember the angel Gabriel, the angels on the old testament who said messages of God, and what it was a little funny was that on popular culture cherubs are represented as winged babies but the articles says that in reality they are winged lions.
Of course I’m no expert, but it was interesting and wanted to share it with you and know your opinions.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Hello, @Luis_Ruiz
Angels are mentioned 273 times in the Bible. Although I won’t look at every instance.
In the second chapter of the Bible, we are told that God created the heavens and the earth, and everything in them. The Bible indicates that angels were created at the same time the earth was formed, even before human life was created. “Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished”. (Genesis 2:1)
“For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him”. (Colossians 1:16)
A passage in (Ezekiel 1:1-28) gives a brilliant description of angels as four-winged creatures. In (Ezekiel 10:20), we are told these angels are called cherubim.
Most angels in the Bible have the appearance and form of a man. Many of them have wings, but not all. Some are larger than life. Others have multiple faces that appear like a man from one angle, and a lion, ox, or eagle from another angle. Some angels are bright, shining, and fiery, while others look like ordinary humans. Some angels are invisible, yet their presence is felt, and their voice is heard.

1 Like

The author of Hebrews suggests that all angels are “spirits” (Hebrews 1:13-14). When Jesus appears to the disciples, he asserts that “spirits” don’t have bodies like he does (Luke 24:39). In the Bible, angels can’t usually be seen by humans unless God reveals them (see Numbers 22:31, 2 Kings 6:17, Luke 2:13). However, from time to time angels took on a bodily form and appeared to various people in Scripture (Matthew 28:5; Hebrews 13:2).

1 Like