What does the bible say about tattoos?

Leviticus 19:28, which says,”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.”

For me, I believe that God is much more likely concerned with what is in our hearts, than He is with the outside appearance of a person.

Paul’s approach to issues like this is, whatever we do, we do it for the glory God.

There was a reason why leviticus puts it that way, it must be related to pagan practices. But today, we are not under these kinds of laws.

True! Some have their tattoos as an art and some are for fraternity purposes. Whatever their reasons might be, I hope it is in connection with their hearts desires.

This sounds a bit interesting, one of my favorite verse is that talking about how God has tattooed us on the palm of his hands. The scripture is so rich in revelation only depicting how we are strongly attached to him. In fact in case any one tried removing a tattoo from one this would lead to a painful experience on the one with the tattoo. This also demonstrates the love of God. I also do believe tattoos didn’t begin the other day but have always been there for ages and my be used as a form of expression by some.