What is Godliness?

What is Godliness ?

good question
godliness is fully depend on the Lord and his word by throwing away our own understanding…

2 Likes

Put God first above everything

1 Like

Imitate GOD

Live like Jesus

taking steps according how the Lord lead, the Lord always guides us

I think Godliness has many meanings, we can to answer this question from different views.This question is also very valuable to me. I think it refers to fear God, to love God and love others. Not only the knowledge, but also the action.

i think people who can believe in God is Godliness.

Godliness is costly: “everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” ( 2 Tim 3:12 ). Hope of eternal life enables them to endure. “The Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment” ( 2 Peter 2:9 ; 3:11-12 ). “Train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come” ( 1 Tim 4:7-8 ). Grace teaches us “to say No’ to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” ( Titus 2:12-13 ). Seeing this life in light of the next encourages “godliness with contentment” ( 1 Tim 6:6-7 ).

To better understand godliness, we have to take a look at the manifestation of godliness in the flesh. And that is Jesus Christ Himself.

Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

If we want to fully understand and practice godliness in our lives, we have to study the life of Christ and imitate Him. We can also imitate those persons who are imitating Christ.

You are to imitate me, just as I imitate Christ. - I Corinthians 11:1

To start, we have to think godly.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Philippians 4:8