What is hope for you?

What is hope for you? How important is hope to you right now?

1 Like

@theenaocay: My definition of hope might be different to others, but I define it as a feeling that things will turn out for the best. For me, in this crisis that we are all encountering globally; the only weapon that we have is prayer, faith, and hope that this pandemic will last. We will just continue to hope that sooner this will end.

1 Like

In Psalm 39:7
“But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you."

My hope is reliant on my faith the Lord, hope is budding in my heart whenever I wake up healthy and safe from the pandemic crisis that the world is facing, hope in others and to the people who worked non-stop to help diminish the problem nowadays. I remember that when the great flood ended in Noah’s ark, a rainbow appeared as if it signifies a new beginning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope is what I have that rests in Christ. And it is not just “my personal hope for my own well being”. That is horribly self-centered and selfish. I pray for leaders and doctors and nurses and those still working at stores, taking risks every day to give us the goods we need. Should we not hope for them even more than for ourselves? They are risking all to help everyone suffering from this and all the rest of us!

Hope is about what we have in the future life: in eternal heaven with God our Savior. Other kinds of hope are - on a human scale - “good”, but not a one will save us from the wrath of God if we do not repent and trust fully in the Person and Work of Jesus Christ our Lord and only Savior.

1 Like

For me hope is staying positive despite the problems I encounter. For me being hopeful would mean trusting God. That no matter how many battles I may fight, even if I fall down 99 times, I would get up at the 100th because I know God is with me. Being hopeful would be a choice rather than a feeling. Because sometimes we can’t avoid the feeling of being hopeless, but choosing to set that feeling away and choosing to hope for the best is good.

2 Likes

Very well said about hope. Thanks @kianna for that reminder that hope is a choice rather than a feeling.
Let’s always choose HOPE. For our HOPE is Chirst alone.

1 Like

Indeed @theenaocay! We can always choose to be hopeful despite the situation.

Hi @theenaocay. Hope for me is having these positive thoughts in my mind:

You are doing great.
You are worthy.
You are loved.

Stop comparing yourself to other people. You have your own timeline and your time will come. You don’t have to rush and be extraordinary just to fit in with the world’s own definition of success.

Remember that God has already written your story. I do hope you’d have that faith to entrust to Him everything and rejoice as you wait for the promises of God to be fulfilled in your life.

Bringing yourself a hope of world will lift-up you become brave and patience.

@theenaocay Hope means believing good things will happen with faith in God.
It also means to always look on the bright side and seeing challenges as opportunities. In other words, always “hoping for the best.”
Whatever our situation right now, this is only temporary. No matter where we go or what we face, He is with us every step of the way. This pandemic will not last longer, God sees it, and he will make things better soon. When we hope, we trust in God and lean on his promises. Regardless of terrible circumstances of this life, He loves us.

Hope is found in the promises God has given us – promises of freedom from sin. We can find so much hope in Scripture through the gift of eternal life made possible through His son, Jesus Christ. No matter what trials, temptations or pain we may suffer, we can always hold onto the hope God extends to us. by Billy Graham

hope1