What is Spiritual Growth?

What is spiritual growth? How can I grow spiritually?

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
For my experiences spiritual growth is the act of understanding and trusting more about God and the religion, and as such you stop or decrease your sinful qualities and with this you should aspire to be more like Jesuschrist.
You can do it by studying and analizing the Bible and the teachings in the mass, don’t just read it or listen, think about it and apply it for your life. Going to religion groups should help you too.
It’s about being in an environment (even in home you can do this) where you think and apply those little and big things that reach you to Christ, even if it is impossible to be just like him, and this is by choice not by design.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

I found this series that starts with “Keys to Spiritual Growth”. Your question is good! I had the same. I found this series very helpful.
It is part of a series called “Back to Basics” by John MacArthur. It is Biblically based.

Or, click here → Keys To Spiritual Growth: Introduction

1 Like

For me, spiritual growth is developing and applying the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

For example.
Love, we should be loving to everyone, even to our enemies. As an application, we have to help our enemies when they are in need.
Joy, we have to be happy in every situations whether good or bad.
Peace, we have to be a peacemaker, but in order to do that, we need to have a peace of mind.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Luis_Ruiz

Wow! Thank you so much for that helpful information, @Sunami_Carpenter! Will surely watch this! :+1: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much, @yevillanueva! God bless you! :yellow_heart:

Hi, @Sunami_Carpenter! Just an update, I REALLY enjoyed this website you introduced me ‘Grace to You’ (https://www.gty.org). I absolutely enjoyed it and learned a lot of things and it totally leveled up my daily devotion. Very thankful! God bless you! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hello ! @kianna
As for me, spiritual growth is also spiritual maturity. It comes with the relationship you have with God, the “face-to-face” encounter with Him where He teaches you His ways.
Based on my experience, I could’ve been a christian all my life being contented of the life I had but there’s something missing. I wanted more and so that’s the shift I made to go for my spiritual growth. I started digging, praying more than what I used to, reading, and just spending time with Him. Eventually, the way I see things, the way I am to other people is different. I became a different person but in a very good way. It really is a choice. It starts in you.

1 Like

Thank you for that @Jedidiah

You are very much welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is a real help to me as well. So glad!

1 Like

Spiritual growth is the process of becoming more and more like Jesus Christ. When we place our faith in Jesus, the Holy Spirit begins the process of making us more like Him, conforming us to His image. Spiritual growth is perhaps best described in 2 Peter 1:3-8, which tells us that by God’s power we have “everything we need” to live lives of godliness, which is the goal of spiritual growth. Notice that what we need comes “through our knowledge of Him,” which is the key to obtaining everything we need. Our knowledge of Him comes from the Word, given to us for our edification and growth.

1 Like

Thank you so much for that! God bless you and always keep safe!