What Is the Devil’s Most Successful Scheme?

What is the devil’s most successful trick? In other words, out of all the schemes he uses to try to lead us astray, which one works best? I’d like to know so I can be on guard.

Lie.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 Like

The devil has many tricks up his sleeve (so to speak)—but surely one of his most successful is to make us believe he doesn’t even exist. We may admit that evil is real—but then deny that behind it are demonic spiritual forces bent on our destruction and death. Or we may deny the devil’s true nature by turning him into a harmless cartoon character with a red suit and pitchfork. But Jesus said, “He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him” (John 8:44).

For @Elizabeth I am sorry it took me so long to see this. Hope this helps.

The devil tempts. That is his main and only real “trick” at this point in time.
He tempts. It is our sinful nature, the lusts of the world for power, money, fame, sex out of bounds, etc. which bears fruit of lying, stealing, murder etc. that we give in to where the devil triumphs. When we give in to that temptation and do not have our conscience go crazy on us about it, we are not walking in the Lord.

When we are walking in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit immediately convicts us of our wrong thinking, often even before we sin. For in the Bible it says we are always given a way out.

1 Corinthians 10:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

I don’t know what is the Devil’s Most successful Scheme. I think it might be interrupting or prevent people from getting close to the Lord, for example, he using secular hobby to waste people’ s time to do the things, but it is not concerning the benefits of knowing God.

The most successful plan of the devil is to let people leave God, make God painful and painful. The devil is lying, using lies to break the relationship between God and man.
John 8:44
“you belong to your father, the devil ,and you want to carry out your father’s desire.he was a murderer form the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native Language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”
Therefore, we need to learn more about God’s Word and use truth to distinguish it, reject Satan’s voice, and follow the voice of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like