What is the love?

Is it true when you hurt somebody and say it is bigger love?

No waste of time is loving yourself.

Sometimes I think we love others but it is not true. Many parents think they love their children and then they punish them to death.
What if I love you and kill you? Strange

The true love is sacrificing oneself for others without any complaint and discontent.

The ultimate love is the love of the cross that Jesus Christ was crucified.

Discipline others with truth and love, but not with selfishness or the desire of controlling.

I do not think so.It not make sense at all. ~~~~~~~~~~

【1Corinthians 13:4-8】
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

What is love? This is a very deep question. I also asked God this question recently. I just can’t feel love recently. Even though I clearly know God loves me, I just can’t feel it. And I also was very easily caught by depression and victimization. So I asked God what is love and I want to feel his love again. God says, my son, you are very important, you are very important, I care your feeling, your thoughts and your everything. All the thoughts and plans I have for you are good.

So I learned love. What is love? It is total kind and good will and expression which people have for another people.

However, even we very love another person, we may hurt him. We are sinners. We don’t know how to express our love in the proper way. And also too many times, we are so sensitive and self-centered that we even misunderstand the love and help from others. People even misunderstand the love of God and refuse the salvation of Jesus. So as a sinner, what we can say about our misery life? We should repent first and listen to God and listen to others carefully before we focus our hurt feeling.

No. the Bible tells us that love others as love yourself. If we do not know how to love ourselves, then how to love others? True love is God. God is love.

Maybe his heart is good but his way is not suitable to you.
It is not proper for that person when the other side is so painful said it is bigger love.If the other side don’t understand, it will become a bigger wounds. At that time, just say sorry, later on, explain to him when he can understand.

This should be based on the specific situation, you can better know. But can’t you express love in a way that doesn’t hurt people?
About What is the love, I want to say
1 John 4:7-8
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
Love comes from God. When we know God’s love, we can love God better and love people around us.