What is the proper way to fast? And spiritually what effects does it have?

I have a question about fasting… I know it is in the Bible for us to fast it says when we fast.

So with that in mind what is the proper way to fast? And spiritually what effects does it have ?

Dean Whelan Isaiah 58 teaches us about TRUE fasting
read it and let the Holy Spirit guide you
beware any other advice not found in scripture

Joshua Smith Biblical fasting is a means to subject the body to the Spirit, thus it accompanied with prayer.
Often believers do it to recieve some breakthrough in their life, from some type of stronghold of the flesh.
The most common Biblical example of fasting is to have no food or water for a set period of time.

Danilia Ramirez When I fasted I gave up social media because I’m always on it… and food. I just drank water. I prayed and prayed on my knees and worshiped him. And chose to read all of Matthew that day. Also, did not tell anyone I was fasting, I did it in secret. Only my husband…

Hi @James sharing to you this articles or notes about fasting as part of Christian life wherein it talks about the necessity of fating, when we should fast, and the types of fasting. I hope it helps a lot.

Fasting is essentially giving up food or things for a period of time in order to focus your thoughts in God alone. While fasting, many people read the Bible, pray, worship or do any activities related to God. People do this because thru fasting and prayer it can help us hear from God, confess and reveal our hidden sins, can strengthen our personal relationship with God, can teach us the right way to pray through our motives, and can build more our faith unto him.

Fasting and prayer can restore the loss of the first love for your Lord and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God. It enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.

I hope this verses help you to know more about how to Fast.

1. “But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” – Matthew 6:17-18

2. "The Ninevites believed God. A fast was proclaimed, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth. When Jonah’s warning reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh: ‘By the decree of the king and his nobles: Do not let people or animals, herds or flocks, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. But let people and animals be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.’” – Jonah 3:5-9

3. “‘Even now,’ declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious andcompassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity." – Joel 2:12-13