What kind of entertainment activities are proper for Christians?

What will you do if you have extra time?

Book, movie, music all are my favorite. :grimacing:

I believe that there is a legitimate place for entertainment in the life of the child of God. The Christian may relax, go on a vacation from time to time, have some fun, and enjoy the good gifts that God has bestowed upon him and his family. Paul writes to Timothy, “Every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer” (1 Tim. 4:4, 5).

That passage is important for the understanding of our subject, for it warns against legalism and a too strict view of the Christian life, and it tells us that we can use all things that God has made, keeping two things in mind: first, the Word of God instructs us how to use God’s creatures and gifts, and secondly, by prayer in respect to this use, His gifts are sanctified unto us. Then we use this world, and not abuse it.

1 Like

amen. Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Fishing, Camping Out

I think there are many good activiies for christians to do, if it is very healthy for our spirit and physical body. For me, i like hiking, fishing, swiming, picnic, watching christian movies, doing sports and so on.

Sports? Concert? I’d like to choose these kind of activities as entertainment^^

It is better to read some spiritual books. Or some spiritual movies. doing sports with sisters and brothers.