What made you decide to follow Jesus?

What made you decide to follow Jesus?

what made you decide to follow Jesus..PNG

1 Like

I was raised by a strong mother who believes in God. Growing up, I do believe in Him but didn’t really know God until there are certain moments in my life when He showed his love for me when I couldn’t even love myself. He saved me when I couldn’t find any reasons to live. He gave me strength when I couldn’t even get off my bed. He gave me life when I wanted to die. He pulled me off the dark place when I was hopeless and wanted to give up. He forgave me for my sins and He made me realize how luck I am. And from then, he never leave me. And I think, that’s the best decision I have ever made. When I decided to follow him, I let God to take control of my life. I know he has reasons for everything. He changed my life. And He helped me to become a better person.

1 Like

I am adopted since I was a baby. Growing up is very challenging. My parents were busy with our family business while my siblings bully me every day. However, I grew up going to mass with the whole family every Sunday but I feel that there is something missing. After years of searching for answers, I realized that there is more to it than just going to mass. I joined a catholic organization that has taught me to build a personal relationship with God. And that’s when my life changed.

1 Like

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Everything that I have experienced through grace and miracles has come from the Lord, who has helped me in many ways. I was lost abused and addicted to substances and done my self great harm; my mental health and health was destroyed, and I had no self-worth - esteem. The Lord showed me piece by piece that he was in control.He brought truth and evidence of his love and purposeful ways into my life that was in the depravity of everything. He made me into a new man and set aside my sins, for they exist no more, and I’m in his life. He is mine and has opened many miracles to help sustain and improve me and the quality of my faith and well being.

It was my mother who brought us to knowing who Jesus is in our life. I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior during Sunday school when I was in my 3rd grade. But in my life’s journey I have stumbled a lot of times and every time, God is making me realize my short comings, and it is always a struggle to righteousness. But my gracious God is always giving me something, may it be a trial or a victory, but its always a message that makes me tremble and follow Him.

Like @Jean there were many circumstances that made me decide to give my life to Jesus, but to be brutally honest with everyone, I’ve made that decision several times because I’ve also taken it back several times :slight_smile:

I first gave my life when I was a teenager – passionate about many things. I think I was just driven to be spiritual and not really because I loved God.

Then I stopped serving Him and even stopped going to church and praying. But through my life I’ve been dedicating and un-dedicating my life to Jesus. And now that I have 3 kids and could say emotionally stable, I serve God without hesitation. I volunteer at charity work and stuff, lead my family to worship, never miss church, pray in secret, meditate on God’s word, etc! God is good

Hello @kbadum, just want to tell you that I adopted 3 kids and I love them sooooo much!

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
I was raised in a catholic and very religious family, of course because of this I was always going to the church since I was a baby. To be honest, during my teenage years was when I decided to take my faith serious, the basic reason was that when going to church, to religious groups and various activities (motivated by my aunt) I felt happy, relieved, different. You could say that I was feeling just the normal depression of puberty, but with God I didn’t felt it. That’s the thing with God you feel the real love and happiness.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

@FaithinGod

I made my decision when i was a kid.
I follow jesus because i believe in him. He bless me more than enough in a day and i believe that all the things even good or bad its God’s Will. If you have a bad choice Lord make his way to correct our mess.
God is the creator of this world.

Following Jesus doesn’t mean we are without trials. In fact, a great many followers of Jesus have suffered tremendous persecutions. Paul addresses this in 2 Corinthians 12:1-9. He said, “Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said ‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’ So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That is why I take pleasure in my weaknesses and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

God can demonstrate His might, mercy, and sovereign grace through our worst times. And He says that trials make us stronger. But as His follower, we now have Jesus to help us, guide us, and comfort us through our trials – large and small. Following Jesus brings comfort and reward beyond our comprehension. I made decision to follow Jesus when I got baptist to Christian and ever since I am child I was engaged in religious studies.

@FaithinGod I grew up in a family that had strong faith in God
I grew up as your typical Sunday school girl : had church ministries, activities etc.
But, on February 14 2000 I decided to accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. I am very terrified I started to ask myself if I’m really save?
Truly In Christ Alone.
being busy in Church is purposeless
If you have not surrendered your life to Christ

I also grew up in a very religious family, we pray together every night. But, when I was still very young, I still don’t know much about these things, but my mother always tells us that we have a Father up there guiding us in our lives. I did not get what she said before but I just simply believed her. The prayers I used to say are the Lord’s prayer and the Angel of God. Until one time, I when I was 10 I guess, I had a very huge test and I got all anxious. I prayed the Lord’s prayer but something still felt missing, so I just simply talked to God and asked for help. I used my own words and I just sat there on my bed the night before and told the Lord how anxious I was feeling regarding that exam. I went to school the next day and got a very high score. I got really shocked and that was when I knew He is there listening to me. I will never forget that time of my life. I decided to follow Jesus because at times where I payed little care about Him, He was still there for me. I prayed those prayers without fully knowing Him, but He still loved me no matter what. Years past and I got into a very dark place in my life and left whatever was there to believe. But He still never left. I have changed so much, but one thing that was constant was His never-ending love.